1995 vermeer 1250 intake wheel sticking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicmic

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I own a 1995 vermeer 1250 and the left intake wheel stops sometimes ,and i must pull the lever to reverse the wheels.After doing so i pull the lever again ,and it starts to work again.Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have the same chipper- I have a similar problem w/ my left roller- It chips excellent when feeding brush. However when you try to feed material 5" dia and up the rollers will jam and not open like they should. I wind up having to twist the log back and forth left to right in order to get the rollers to open enough to feed the material.
I figure it's either the hyd. pressure is too low or the roller's track may be off line.

Anyone ever have the same problem

Do a little playing with the rollers, if there is too much slack in the carrage it will bind and won't let the feed wheel open. When you move the log side to side you are just prying it open.

Andy

The left intake wheel jams up on my 1250 every once in a while but I have found that it is some wood that gets jamed under the rollers a small stringy branch or some small chips. Usually putting it into reverse kicks it out and then it works fine again. Funny how it never happens to the right one I guess it's just the shape of the intake that allows the left one to jam up.

Latest posts

Back