1997 F 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a used f250 4x4 I am getting ready to change the oil in it I was just wondering how much it holds if anyone has this truck and also what weight oil I should use. It did not come with an owners manual and I found one on ebay but it does not end for another 2 days. THanks

a buddy of mine has a truck that same model and year, im not positive on this, but i think he said his holds 12 quarts. he uses rotella in his not sure what weight. but i know most diesels hold alot of oil. atleast its a ford though, the best truck on the road. happy cuttin, kennertree

Dan, you didn't say which engine. My '97 F250 is gas with the 5.7 or whatever :rolleyes: (330 CID Triton) It holds 6.5 quarts. 5w30 is the recommended oil.

If its a POwer stroke Use Rotella 15W-40 Approx 12 Quart's. If its a gasser 6-7 Quarts 10W-30.

That is the one!. 6.5 quarts of 5w30. That is the ONLY recommended oil weight. Mine actually has 5w30 embossed on the filler cap.

Latest posts

Back