1998 Altec LRIII-55 Outrigger Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangs1

Reaction score
I lowered the outriggers last night, raised one side of the truck quite a bit to level. Both outriggers will go down but will not retract. I tried right away to retract and I tried a couple of hours later with the same results, will go down more but will not retract. I used the boom for a couple of hours, that all worked fine. The temp was 15 degrees so it was colder then I normally use it. Looking for ideas. Right now it is lawn art and my wife doesn't want to plant flowers on it in the spring. Thanks for any help you can give!!

I lowered the outriggers last night, raised one side of the truck quite a bit to level. Both outriggers will go down but will not retract. I tried right away to retract and I tried a couple of hours later with the same results, will go down more but will not retract. I used the boom for a couple of hours, that all worked fine. The temp was 15 degrees so it was colder then I normally use it. Looking for ideas. Right now it is lawn art and my wife doesn't want to plant flowers on it in the spring. Thanks for any help you can give!!
I'd check the sensor/safety switch thingys located near the top of the outrigger cylinder. I'm explaining it terribly, but hopefully this helps point you in the right direction.

I'd check the sensor/safety switch thingys located near the top of the outrigger cylinder. I'm explaining it terribly, but hopefully this helps point you in the right direction.
I did check those. I think it was just cold and binding up. I took some of the weight off of one side with a hydraulic jack and they raised. Thinking I need to lube them more. Thanks for the reply!

Back