1998 husqvarna catalog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcorey

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Found a '98 Husqvarna ope catalog amongst my flotsom&jestsom, must've originally picked it up when I bought my 55.
I really wanted the 254xp but wasn't cutting enough to justify it, plus the 55 was on sale and a deal I couldn't pass up.
Now that I have a 254, I know what I missed out on, shoulda bought it back then in spite of the lopsided cost difference.

Actually I now own a good number of the saws in this catalog (multiples of some), I wonder if it's a subliminal thing of making up for my unfulfilled past desires, lol.

Though I generally have a rough idea of what saws were out when, this threw me a bit, just didn't picture some of these being current offerings at the same time.

<EDIT>Someone just requested that I add the photo's back that were lost in the transition to the new format.
Sometimes I use tags with photobucket and other times just attachments so don't recall which of my pics would have survived the hack. Was hoping the recent 'fix' to add the old attachments would remedy that but I guess it didn't work here.
So here's some full scans, apologies to dial-up users...

98husqvanacatalog03_zps13d5ea86.jpg

98husqvanacatalog01_zps43965510.jpg

98husqvanacatalog02_zpsab09977a.jpg

98husqvanacatalog04_zpsa30ceaad.jpg

Hmm, photobucket has 'scaled down' the uploaded images, not sure why. Didn't used to do that...

Bill

Last edited:
Yes,thank for sharing. That info shows the 254xp at 4.1 hp which sounds right based on mine and the others I've run. I sure love the 254xp. :rock:

I think its cool to see the 371 in 98 compared to the 372 of today. There almost same other than engine wise! Heck I can't buy a damn cell phone without a newer better one coming out a few months later! Or truck as well! Imagine going to get a new chevy and it pretty much being the same as one that's 15 years old with some engine upgrades. ..hahaha

Back