2 different Efco 952 Muffler mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so nobody has ever done a muffler mod to an efco 952? Ummm..what about a john deere cs52, or a cub cadet commercial cs5220, or an oleo-mac 952/152? Great saws that respond very well to a simple muffler mod...like the orange 952..take it apart throw out the baffle, take a cut off wheel on a dremel and continue the cut at the smallest exhaust port to even it out with the big one...then pry it up with a blade screw driver. The yellow cub version 952 is a different story...I gutted the muffler and spent much time making holes at an angle like that. I made my pipe material first. I tig'd 2 pieces of pipe together evenly..then sent them to cutoff saw to be precision cut at an angle like that, then I tig'd them into the muffler. I had a screen in there but that was a long time ago. these saws are just my firewood saws. The yellow one use to be my/our ground saw when I was working with a small tree service as a groundman/mechanic.(I hate dirty crooked theives..) So this is whats left of'em. I thought I'd post some pics of my saws that are in my sig line. Been saying pics coming soon for years now and didnt realize I never showed em. sorry

Any new information on the Efco 952 Saw Mods? Do you still have any of these pictures, they are coming up with an error now.

Latest posts

Back