• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Husky 455's and 6 husky 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is a project that I was going to take on while I was laid off. But I have taken on a even larger project, so these are up on the chopping block.
There are 6 460's and 2 455's . Two 460's and one 455 are mostly complete and run, but not well. One 460 and the 455 have a noise coming from the flywheel area. And the second 460 run's and actually sounds good, but feels down in the power department.
The others I really haven't looked over much. I know there is a 460 that has a crank snapped off at the clutch threads, and two more that have bad looking pistons. The others look good through the exhaust port.
There are three working clutch covers although they have seen better days.
I figured if someone wanted the whole lot for $500 I would sell it as one lot. I would prefer to not have to part it out on ebay, but that may be what I have to do. But I figured it doesn't hurt to see if anyone has a interest before I do that.

IMG_20161222_171740372.jpg

Steven

That's quite a project....if anyone tackles it feel free to check my youtube channel for bolt for bolt 455 vids.

Let's do some math.... 8 power heads...worth roughly 300 each in rebuilt shape.

So if you get them all running that's 2400$ ....then start subtracting things. 55 each for bars and chains...new seals all around....clutch covers are 50 each...starts getting trickier and trickier to turn a profit on a project like this.

I think 500 shipped is probably reasonable...but the real way to make $$ here is to part it out. You may want to keep couple to part out and sell the rest. My opinion and 2 cents. Best of luck to the op

That's quite a project....if anyone tackles it feel free to check my youtube channel for bolt for bolt 455 vids.

Let's do some math.... 8 power heads...worth roughly 300 each in rebuilt shape.

So if you get them all running that's 2400$ ....then start subtracting things. 55 each for bars and chains...new seals all around....clutch covers are 50 each...starts getting trickier and trickier to turn a profit on a project like this.

I think 500 shipped is probably reasonable...but the real way to make $$ here is to part it out. You may want to keep couple to part out and sell the rest. My opinion and 2 cents. Best of luck to the op

Whoever buys them can do what they want with the lot. Part, fix or split them up. I just won't get around to it like I had planned.

I cannot sell the saws and ship them for free, but I can probably get a low shipping rate on them for whoever wants them.

Getting shipping quotes, and more detailed pics today for everyone that inquired. Responding to pm's in order.

Calling this one pending. If anything falls through I will repost.

Steven

Back