2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes! I get that "blood pumping" feeling watching American Pickers on the History Channel too. Of course, I also feel extreme frustration and iritation with those two idiots sometimes............simply because they go ape-poo over (and spend tons of camera time on) the oddest stuff.......while ignoring the things I'm interested in (and quickly moving the camera away from said things).

I've seen those yahoos actualy CLIMB OVER old chainsaws, engines, tractors, and such to get to a crusty/rusty old lamp (or something else stupid). In one episode, I could clearly see the bar/chain and helper handle from a 2-man saw pointing skyward (leaning against something), with the powerhead obviously still attached and on the floor (but obscured by debris). Saw Mike grab the stinger and push the bar to the side so he could get to some obscure junk. A few other times I've seen stationary engines (such as a big International power unit that was belted to some huge machine in a lady's shop), and old Homelite and Mac chainsaws that they've quickly panned past or stepped over...:dizzy:

:hmm3grin2orange:

derbin1.jpg

And now to add even a little more irony to the mix,

This DA 211 is the same saw as the one Mike and Robby are running at Seabeck.

Big Bill Pellham had traded it to Derrel since I took this pic at the the Shindig Logger show in 2011.

Holding the helper end is the late S&S aqua logger James Smith. RIP.

CIMG5522.jpg

During the holidays, I fixed up this rather rare french 2 man saw 'La Quick', made by PPK.
It dates probably to late war years and ended up in US troops engineering depots in germany in 1951 (so says the plate)

The saw has a unique 'kick' starter that requires some strong arm to pull it over.

PKF_100_A_zps863811c3.jpg

PKF_100__zps78e9d81c.jpg

head_carb_zpsc996c0c7.jpg

What a great thread. I went through all 56 pages again yesterday. You guys really have some nice saws. Thanks for posting all of the pictures.:rock:

Paging: Cliff, Ric, Dean, Bill. etc etc
attachment.php

Ever seen any dogs like this for the DA-211s? Thats just the flat side that would sit on the scanner..

Don't know if what I've seen was exactly like those, but they look familiar. What I have is the big set for a Mac that's been lengthened. I'll find a pic tomorrow.
:cheers:

Paging: Cliff, Ric, Dean, Bill. etc etc

Ever seen any dogs like this for the DA-211s? Thats just the flat side that would sit on the scanner..

Nope, never seen anything as scrawny as that on the west coast. :D

Seen a bunch of the Hadston claws for deeeep bark though. :cool2:

DSCN2073.jpg

Ever seen a west coast big bar clamp conversion ? :msp_thumbsup:

DSCN1457.jpg

DSCN2079.jpg

Ric, I would trade a handful of what I have, for one of them there "west coast dawgs" :D
IDK what these are for. no mounting holes. But do fit the contours of the transmissions? I think

Back