2 problems echo and stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have an echo cs 4400 the wrist pin retainer can out and got caught between the piston and the cylinder at the intake port and scored the cylinder below the port. it distorted everything so badly mostly the piston the piston is hard going back in without the rings. now i don't want to put a ton of cash in it i can but a short block for $ 175.00 TOO much for that old saw...if anyone has a good used piston and jug for that saw for sale i would be interested in buying it from them...chainsawr or ebay has nothing and there are no aftermarkets for echo...no.2 ihave an 026 that starts easy and runs well but dies at full throttle....any help would be greatly appreciated...my ms 170 is just fine...anyone who doesn't use stihl high performance two cycle oil in their stihl saws should give a try it cured an idle problem in my 170 in 1 tank full...thanx guys...al

no.2 ihave an 026 that starts easy and runs well but dies at full throttle....

Have you tuned the carb at all? Specifically the H needle?

my ms 170 is just fine...anyone who doesn't use stihl high performance two cycle oil in their stihl saws should give a try it cured an idle problem in my 170 in 1 tank full...thanx guys...al

Not sure how switching oils would cure an idle problem. Not trying to start a fight. Just that there may be another tuning issue here, with the L screw this time.

Do you tune your own equipment?

Back