2 stroke animation with header

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats truely wicked Spider, really shows the importance of backpreassure. I put that in favorites, thats great man, where'd you get it?

Neil

that's a cool animation. I've been trying to find some info on expansion chambers/tuned pipes, but have been coming up a bit short. I made up a spread sheet for specific dimensions, but I'm not sure if the stuff is close to right or not, I'd like to compare the numbers to one that works... the bells all look bigger(dia) from what I've seen

http://www.pueawjapygrta.com/chainsaw/expansion_chamber_dimensions.xls

that's the excel sheet if any of you guys are number weenies like I am.

i've been going thru my links, that is a very memorable lesson! The animation appears at the base of the posted page, but i shrunk this version, cuz the othger has always been such a large file to download. The author even states part of the reason for reading the page, is giving the animation at the bottom time to load..

Even more so if ya read the page, especially (i think) the part about the chamber being overloaded with fuel/air to leak into exhaust , to be super compressed back into the chamber by the 'reverb' sound pulse of the previous explosion's 'echo' from the back of the muffler bell and causing performance increasing, recycling effect!!

i rememberr it being explained when a 2 stroke bike was street legal..........; but a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Latest posts

Back