2 Way Radio In Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brodie

Brodie

ArboristSite Lurker
I know its not a popular method of communication in Australia except in crane work. So I am asking the question does anyone use 2 way radio communication for every day use when up in the tree.

I have given them a go but as of yet can get my voice activated system to stop activating when I start a saw.

I'd like to hear people thoughts on this method of workplace communication.

Thanks

RAG66

RAG66

ArboristSite Operative
Yes they work excellent. I have been using the PELTOR power com for 4 yrs. now. I have only replaced the mics once. I use rechargeable batteries, 3 sets of AA's. The advantages of the radios are so nice. The voice activation is an option on these, we use the push to talk setting. I have had very uneducated groundies and have been able to talk them through many tight spots even with the chipper and saws running...:)

Brodie

Brodie

ArboristSite Lurker
I have had very uneducated groundies and have been able to talk them through many tight spots even with the chipper and saws running...:)

Very similar to my situation and the reason i bought them. I might turn the voice activation off and give that a try.
Cant remember what brand ours are but they were cheapies. Didn't want to break the bank if they didn't work

Thanks

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
I haven't used them but I think they are an excellent idea. I have read about some systems where you can pipe music in and it cancels when someone speaks. I really wouldn't care about listening to the music but I think it would be a great incentive to get the ground crew to keep their helmets on.

Brodie

Brodie

ArboristSite Lurker
+1 if I can get them to keep their helmets on wow there would be at least 2 hours spare at the end of each week if i didnt have to stop to tell them to put a helmet on. Love that idea

Latest posts