Chainsaws & Radios

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should add--in 50 years I've never uttered a profanity on ham radio, or my aircraft radio, or the logging truck radio--why would I? Why would anyone?

Well, come to think of it--I guess Dale Snodgrass had a reason during the last 2 seconds of his life, but I don't think he realized he had the PTT depressed. Look him up.

I had a conversation and think i might add this to be helpful

wiresx is
many of you might remember your grandmother talking on a telephone party line. where several neighbors would share one telephone line. They would lift the receiver and listen for others using it and when the line was free they would make their call. Or they all got on and talked about the upcoming dance or town meeting or whatever. that is a very rough example of wiresx system working. wiresx uses the interent to link us together not a phoneline.

C4FM?fusion phones are not 40$ radios. That is a regular ham radio or in my post was about GMRS radio If you ever want a really nice, good looking plain tuff
ham radio look at a baofeng UV-9S. I bought 2 more last night for 26$ each. If you want to look at GMRS start looking with a baofeng UV-5G (in the video)

I saw a video last night where a guy was using a not C4FM baofeng to talk in a wiresx room using another radio that was in crossband repeat mode to reach the room.

The easy thing is to invest in the cheapest C4FM a Yaesu FT-70 HT that does both regular and C4FM about 175$. Then you would have the best of both worlds (analog/digital)

I hope that makes it easier to understand the concept of wiresx
With due respect to your proposal Sir, I may point out that according to my understanding and commons sense this is no radio what you are inviting us to ; is Cable . Radio ham is about electromagnetic waves propagation in different weather conditions , antennas , analog vintage receivers/transmitters , Sun storms / atmospheric complex variables during a radio communication. Radio ham is a kind of vintage, select, analog , hobby especially if one knows Morse code (history) and uses a manual key (you can feel it when you listen) no automatic keying. Digital is simple stuff, one and zero, is about speed in data packs exchange , in about stress. Tired to see everywhere intents in transforming analog/natural life into digital . Who need this ? When I go out and cut some wood I enjoy fresh air and keep safe not chatting on internet. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back