Chainsaws & Radios

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Hello

Any of you guys that have read any of my threads and subscribe to my channel on youtube are invited. I have started a WiresX room where Hams/Chainsaw lovers can actually talk together. You need to be a licensed Ham. Any license level and have a C4FM digital radio. I have everything active except a meeting schedule. I thought I might wait until I get feedback. My subscribers are builders. Not a single ******* in the bunch, they are all over the world. That is what makes this so interesting you will be talking one on one with these folks. FCC says no cussing, politics and no doing business or they will fine you bigly. Everybody with a radio is a radio cop. So new guys will be treated like gold. No assholes will be allowed. I can ban them forever from the group with the push of a button. This is total fun.

If you are not a ham, its easy to become one. 35$ and a 30-40 question test and bam you will get a callsign. Then I will give you where to sign in and away we go.

On another note if you are out on the farm or in a group out cutting, anything like that, I have been using a GMRS radio and a portable GMRS repeater to talk between the fellas and we love it. It helps us. We dont have 1000$ cell phones at risk, we use 40$ Baofengs. A Baofeng is china but it actually fits together and works out of the box and its tuff, setting a saw on the case will not hurt it. This year baofengs got the radios tuned like good citizens. Using them at home is fun. If I had teenagers in the house they would get a gmrs baofeng and a phone much later in life, if I only knew.

If you would like more info. I will post it on my website too. After getting somefeed back I will post much more information based on the interest level. I think there is an android app where you can listen in. I have no info on that yet. There is more info in the video. Talk to me.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

You would need to be on digital radio and be in the room. Just tuning would not help. It's digital so it's encrypted and your actually in a container (room) on a server using your radio that's why you can connect with folks everywhere at once using a meeting time. If you were just using analog radio you would have to hunt each person. So me giving you just a frequency won't help you. I'll give you all the information at the right time.

Thanks for question

Looks like you are in the group of the haves! Nice to know. Good folks everywhere

FCC says no cursing ? Since when ?
Thats been struck down in the courts as freedom of speech takes the win.
You can say any curse word you can think of on the radio on any frequency you are licensed to to do phone or CW on.
I suspect that there are very few on this site that even know what WiresX is or C4FM.
Whats the room number ? I will stop by and copy the mail.

You can say any curse word you can think of on the radio on any frequency you are licensed to to do phone or CW on.
I suspect that there are very few on this site that even know what WiresX is or C4FM.
I can tell you would not qualify. Room would become private. But thanks for showing your colorful self

I can tell you would not qualify. Room would become private. But thanks for showing your colorful self
LMFAO

" No assholes will be allowed. I can ban them forever from the group with the push of a button"

Your holier than thou attitude is exactly why HAM radio is dying.
Once all us old dudes are gone, its all but over.
As for the license fee in 2022, $15 goes to the VE and $35 has to be paid directly to the FCC via the CORES FRN registration system.
Thats $50 not $35
Maybe you are a VE and are going to wave the $15 charge.

WiresX is VOIP and NOT real radio. Anyone that has an internet connection and a C4FM radio can get on WiresX. It's actually a joke as opposed to real, old school radio.

I notice you didn't deny that your " FCC says no cussing, politics and no doing business or they will fine you bigly. " comment is a lie and total BS.
Those are your rules, not the FCC's.
Great way to start off a group with lies.

Enjoy your private WiresX room that you are the king of. LOL

Coming back here was a bad idea. You came in and picked a fight. Being king means none of us would have to hear from you a second time. It's never too late to become educated and to learn how to behave. Should we ever be together I would be happy to teach you. I would be able to pick you out the one with the big mouth. there's no reason for me to insist that profanity is banned because it's in the rules. You likely can't read please go away

Coming back here was a bad idea. You came in and picked a fight. Being king means none of us would have to hear from you a second time. It's never too late to become educated and to learn how to behave. Should we ever be together I would be happy to teach you. I would be able to pick you out the one with the big mouth. there's no reason for me to insist that profanity is banned because it's in the rules. You likely can't read please go away
Understanding court rulings on free speech seems to be a weak spot for you. And that ruling was directly addressing a HAM radio case.
You are the one that made the statement " No assholes will be allowed. I can ban them forever from the group with the push of a button".
Those are the words of someone that wants to be king. You yourself use profanity in your post yet demand no one uses profanity.

I'm pretty sure thats the definition of a hypocrite .
Again, enjoy your WiresX room.
Im 10/7

Understanding court rulings on free speech seems to be a weak spot for you. And that ruling was directly addressing a HAM radio case.
You are the one that made the statement " No assholes will be allowed. I can ban them forever from the group with the push of a button".
Those are the words of someone that wants to be king. You yourself use profanity in your post yet demand no one uses profanity.

I'm pretty sure thats the definition of a hypocrite .
Again, enjoy your WiresX room.
Im 10/7
i am not cussing @ someone and i am writing at a place that lets you abuse others and cuss some. also i am not using the airwaves where those things are not tolerated. you have no rights using the airwaves you have privilege's and those are not listed. i have never popped in someone's thread and told them off like you have here. running your mouth about things you have wrong. and yes you gave me a great example with your behavior, of a situation where I would put my king hat on and after asking you to behave kick you out of the chainsaw kingdom forever. you can always comeback here and exercise your right to be an *******. I hope we are clear.

I had a conversation and think i might add this to be helpful

wiresx is
many of you might remember your grandmother talking on a telephone party line. where several neighbors would share one telephone line. They would lift the receiver and listen for others using it and when the line was free they would make their call. Or they all got on and talked about the upcoming dance or town meeting or whatever. that is a very rough example of wiresx system working. wiresx uses the interent to link us together not a phoneline.

C4FM?fusion phones are not 40$ radios. That is a regular ham radio or in my post was about GMRS radio If you ever want a really nice, good looking plain tuff
ham radio look at a baofeng UV-9S. I bought 2 more last night for 26$ each. If you want to look at GMRS start looking with a baofeng UV-5G (in the video)

I saw a video last night where a guy was using a not C4FM baofeng to talk in a wiresx room using another radio that was in crossband repeat mode to reach the room.

The easy thing is to invest in the cheapest C4FM a Yaesu FT-70 HT that does both regular and C4FM about 175$. Then you would have the best of both worlds (analog/digital)

I hope that makes it easier to understand the concept of wiresx

WTF are you even saying ? Is that broken English ?
I didn't pop in your thread to tell you off. I only corrected your misinformation.
Get it straight, there is precedent set by the courts that states the 1st amendment applies to HAM radio.
That overrides anything the FCC has to say about speech in the HF/VHF/UHF world.
Please guide me to a place where the FCC fined anyone for cursing on the air after that ruling by the courts.

I abused others and cursed some ? Again, WTF are you talking about. You can read English right ? Read from the first post down and tell me where I cursed you and abused anyone.

Now you are saying you would put your king hat on ? LMAO.
And to top it off you called me an A$$hol3. You can't be serious with this trash response.

In the future, you should refrain from defending your position with words. It's really not working out for you.

Does this mean I'm BANNED from chainsaw Kingdom forever ?
Again, enjoy your WiresX kingdom............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't bother to go into why this info you posted is also wrong. Before you can teach, you need to understand the material......

"You would need to be on digital radio and be in the room. Just tuning would not help. It's digital so it's encrypted and your actually in a container (room) on a server using your radio that's why you can connect with folks everywhere at once using a meeting time. If you were just using analog radio you would have to hunt each person. So me giving you just a frequency won't help you. I'll give you all the information at the right time."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then you had to post this incorrect information ( I refrain from calling it BS because you just don't understand how things work ).
You are making it way too easy to rip to shreds. I'm going to leave it alone..

"I had a conversation and think i might add this to be helpful

wiresx is
many of you might remember your grandmother talking on a telephone party line. where several neighbors would share one telephone line. They would lift the receiver and listen for others using it and when the line was free they would make their call. Or they all got on and talked about the upcoming dance or town meeting or whatever. that is a very rough example of wiresx system working. wiresx uses the interent to link us together not a phoneline.

C4FM?fusion phones are not 40$ radios. That is a regular ham radio or in my post was about GMRS radio If you ever want a really nice, good looking plain tuff
ham radio look at a baofeng UV-9S. I bought 2 more last night for 26$ each. If you want to look at GMRS start looking with a baofeng UV-5G (in the video)

I saw a video last night where a guy was using a not C4FM baofeng to talk in a wiresx room using another radio that was in crossband repeat mode to reach the room.

The easy thing is to invest in the cheapest C4FM a Yaesu FT-70 HT that does both regular and C4FM about 175$. Then you would have the best of both worlds (analog/digital)

I hope that makes it easier to understand the concept of wiresx"

73's King from Chainsaw Kingdom

Sorry, but your analogies are way off base. and you making this about you.

First of all, the radio spectrum is owned by the people and held in trust by the FCC

Second, FCC regulations governing every portion of the radio spectrum prohibit profanity.

and its not covered by your rights.

i am not contributing to your delusion your assertions everyone here is an idiot and cant understand wiresx. you can rant on i am done.

if you need more information comment in the video on youtube. this place is still toxic

I have a Baofeng UV-82HP VHF because where I often cut wood, cell reception is spotty at best. I programmed in the local county police/fire/EMS main frequency, and I figure if I ever get hurt/trapped, I can just call the cop shop (or the cops on the road) with it...or if all else fails, call the local USCG station...

if you need more information comment in the video on youtube. this place is still to
Sorry, but your analogies are way off base. and you making this about you.

First of all, the radio spectrum is owned by the people and held in trust by the FCC

Second, FCC regulations governing every portion of the radio spectrum prohibit profanity.

and its not covered by your rights.

i am not contributing to your delusion your assertions everyone here is an idiot and cant understand wiresx. you can rant on i am done.
Not covered by my rights....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Accusing me of things you have done in this thread.
You sound like you are walking only to the left.

I'm puzzled that someone would insist on a right to profanity on Ham radio, talking to people you don't know, and immediately get into a forum fight over it--is this what modern America has become? Strange world where so many go at each other's throats at the drop of an idea.

It sounds like an interesting one; best of luck with it. I feel bad that proposing it immediately resulted in this tirade from Florida. Somehow we have to elevate to higher standards of decorum and we can't do it going in this direction. Probably the 'Ignore' button is a good one; both ways.

VE7CWA, since 1972.

Back