20 inch bar for a stihl 066 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get my Stihl bars from the local Stihl dealer.  Get the solid bar with replaceable nose, the German-made bars are without equal and are well worth the few extra bux.  There are two to choose from; one has the 11-tooth nose sprocket and my favorite has the 13-tooth nose.  Beware the larger nose for it's more unforgiving-of-carelessness nature though.  Casual contact will find it walking along a log like you wouldn't believe possible.

Glen

I am trying to stay under 35 dollars for the bar I am looking for a windsor bar or a gb maybe a stihl.

Til the end of the year we're selling the Windsor 20" bar for $28.95 + $7.95 shipping.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Dan,
I have the following items for the 066:

- 20" Windsor Forester bar, .050 guage, 3/8 pitch
- 36" Oregon Pro bar , .058 guage, 3/8 pitch
- 36" ripping (milling) chain 115 DL, .058 guage, 3/8 pitch

I would consider a package deal for anyone wanting to buy everything.

NOTE: The ripping chain is about 4-5 links too short to use with the 36" bar.

How much for the package

How much for the package and how much for the 20 inch and the 36 inch bar. Also where are you in va THanks

I'm in Portsmouth, right next door to you. So shipping would very simple. I would take $80 for the package, or $25 for the 20" bar ($40 w/ chain). $30 for the 36" bar ($45 w/ chain). The ripping chain has never been used. The 20" bar and chain has been used very little (once or twice). Let me know, later, Roger.

rb_in_va said:
Dan,
I have the following items for the 066:

- 20" Windsor Forester bar, .050 guage, 3/8 pitch
- 36" Oregon Pro bar , .058 guage, 3/8 pitch
- 36" ripping (milling) chain 115 DL, .058 guage, 3/8 pitch
QUOTE]

.058 gauge on a Stihl is rare. I know Stihl turned out .058 gauge chain to sell for the competions saws but I have never actually seen a Stihl mount bar that was .058.

Bill

Bill G said:
.058 gauge on a Stihl is rare. I know Stihl turned out .058 gauge chain to sell for the competions saws but I have never actually seen a Stihl mount bar that was .058.

It's not a Stihl bar. It's an Oregon. Here's a close-up.

rb_in_va said:
It's not a Stihl bar. It's an Oregon. Here's a close-up.

As Jokers pointed out the bar you pictured is a not a Stihl mount bar. As I said a .058 bar on a Stihl would be rare. I know of one person who claimed he had .050 bars widened to take .058. My question to him is why would anyone waste the time.

Bill

Latest posts

Back