20 inch bar for Craftsman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannon51

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a bar for a Craftsman (Poulan) 46cc saw. It uses .325, .50, 78dl chain and has an adjuster built in to the bar. The saw #358.350200 parts break down shows the bar Part #71-36599 to be NLA with no substitute. The number on the bar is 350044832 best I can tell. I put both bar numbers in the Oregon site and got nothing. I have found some bars that I think would work but they don't have the adjuster in the bar,
Cannon
IMG_20220228_083726629.jpgIMG_20220228_083843896.jpg

I have a couple Intenz saws for loaners. Saw seems to have cavities that would seem capable of fitting a regular adjuster (on clutch cover, I think?). Can intenz saws be fitted with regular bars and an adjuster mechanism from non-intenz models?

I have a couple Intenz saws for loaners. Saw seems to have cavities that would seem capable of fitting a regular adjuster (on clutch cover, I think?). Can intenz saws be fitted with regular bars and an adjuster mechanism from non-intenz models?
Yes , my PP220 was a intenz saw and I bought a bar adjust kit for it .

That type of adjuster is too coarse and makes it difficult to adjust. If you look at the side cover, the slot for a regular screw and tang adjuster should still be there, you just have to find a 2" 10X24 screw and make the tang that indexes the bar from a piece of scrap metal. Done a few of them and the owner goes away happy with more options for new bar purchases.

Changing it over to a regular adjuster does seem like the best option. I'll take the cover off and see what it looks like. Thanks
Cannon

Back