2000 f-450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is a diesel it is worth all that and a bag of peanuts IF the body, paint, interior,engine, and interior are really nice. Also if it is a 4x4. If it is a gas job I wouldnt pay over 10,000 for it. Especially if its a 2WD.

should have mentioned that. it is a 7.3 powerstroke, 4x4. guy says it is basically brand new, not one scratch, motor only has 18,000 miles on it. interior is flawless. has flatbed dump. automatic.

WOW I would get that and run!! Those 7.3 are beasts and pretty good on fuel too! You wont have any problem twoing ANYTHING with it. At the Utility we used to tow trailers with 25,000lbs of wire on them!! And we could easily still do 75 uphill!

i am thinking about building wooded sides (around 4') that i can remove if i need but also can configure to put all my saws and other equipment on also. what do others do to use a truck as a chip truck but also other work???

You can get a heavy duty roll ove rtype screen....like they use on a triaxle and chip into the wooden box with that on top. then when you dont want to chip into it just roll the "roof" back off!

If you're towing a chipper and have a full load of chips you'll be way overloaded use as a chip hauler only fine. But I caution against using it for a primary chip truck.

Thats a pretty good deal for a truck like that are you sure its not stolen or a salvaged truck ?

I would consider a truck like that the only downside it has a rotten automatic which is a thumbs down for me but thats my opinion.

If you make the truck hold 6 yards of chips then you should be fine if you want to tow the chipper plus add your tools etc.

A F-450 is good for 6000lb comfortable payload you can put 8000lbs on them but thats getting heavy.

Back