2010 Bandit 250 feed rollers jamming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstreeservice

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Bandit 250 with about 1000 hrs. It has the winch option and love its performance until lately. When we through a branch into the feed rollers, the rollers usually jam unless someone raises the roller lift cylinder to accept the branch. This sounds like a low pressure problem. I adjusted the pressure regulator by tightening the allen screw located in the square block, right side near the anvil plate mounting area. It still has the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Did you put a test pressure guage in the circuit to verify the pressure before making the adjustment? If not, how do you know you were adjusting the correct adjustment, and if it was having the expected effect?
If a test guage doesn't show low pressure at the drive motor, and the bleed down rate on the motor is OK, then you might try checking for mechanical issues with the rollers themselves. Disconnect the drive motor and see if the rollers can be rotated by hand. Check the pressure required to run the drive motor without a load. A test guage with proper fittings should cost less than $35 or $40 bucks and will give you infomation that can be used to actually find and fix the problem.

Rick

Rick has it right. You need to check your pressure. It could be a number of things but without knowing where you have pressure you'll just be guessing. It not unusual for the drive motors to fail or control valves or even the pump.

We just had this issue on a 250XP and it was the auto-feed solenoid causing the problem as strange as this may sound. My mechanic stated to remove the magnetic solenoid from the auto-feed cartridge. Start the machine without the magnetic solenoid and engage the feed bar and see if the rollers start turning properly. If so, you have a bad magnetic solenoid or tach.

Matt and Rick are correct. If you do a pressure test, engage the feed rollers and jam a 2x4 at the top of the top feed roller which will stop the feed roller from turning and you can get a proper pressure reading. This is called "deadheading".

Wish you luck with your repair.

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

Back