2010 Carving Picture Gallery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok this ones for all of the carvers that we have around here to show off their artwork. I thought it would be a nice way to share what we are doing with those that are interested but never tried it out. As I know there are several on this site that enjoy seeing what we all do. So everytime you carve something this year be sure and snap a pic and post it up on this thread so everyone can see. So don't be shy come on and share those pics!
Here are my first two pieces this year.........
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
.................................................My second owl ever........................and umpteen hundredth little bear........

And since I got the idea for this thread after seeing this one from our newbie chainsawcarver. I'll take the liberty of adding his in for him
Hi all I'm new in this forum and I'm a part time chainsaw carver these are the first carvings of this Year .
2n6ar20.jpg

2r6heli.jpg

oj14sx.jpg

scdk04.jpg

Bravo, BTW to your amazing work chainsawcarver!

Now keep em comin!:chainsaw:

Hey, i like the idea.
I don't do much chainsaw carving since i have a shoulder problem and it is hard for me to hoist a chainsaw. I do a lot of hand carving though, would like to know what you think of my Brook Trout, the trout is carved from a single piece of basswood and airbrushed.
Thanks.

Hey, i like the idea.
I don't do much chainsaw carving since i have a shoulder problem and it is hard for me to hoist a chainsaw. I do a lot of hand carving though, would like to know what you think of my Brook Trout, the trout is carved from a single piece of basswood and airbrushed.
Thanks.
attachment.php
Sorry to hear about the shoulder thing!:cry: Very Nice Trout! I like the paint job, and man those scales, looks like you really put some time into that thing! What other things do you like to carve?

Thanks Lumberjackchef for the comment on my Brook Trout. I like carving the fish but i also carve some birds and animals. I am working on a pileated woodpecker now.
I really like looking at all the stuff everybody does on here, nice work.
Carver

5 foot Walnut Eagle

Here's what I did today. Its about 5 feet tall sitting on some rocks.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
This is all 100% chainsaw here. Haven't got out the dremel and the sander yet!

Great work...

Great work on the carvings! The giraffe was my favorite so far...sure gives someone something to aspire to.
Gotta get off here and get to doing...

Here's a couple of things that I carved over the weekend.
attachment.php
attachment.php
Within minutes of starting to carve a sign for the shop/carving studio that I just moved into I was approached by my first customer. I didn't get a pic of his name sign that I did on a similar slab, but the welcome bear sign was his.

Latest posts

Back