2011 3.3L Cummins 85hp Turbo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Jones

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
besides the obvious Cummins dealer, does anyone have a good turbo for sale for the 3.3L Cummins diesel that went in a lot of Vermeer bc100xl's? 85 hp. The turbo mounts into place the engine on the hitch/door side of the engine.

Cummins South in Atlanta, Ga if I needed one.

How many hours on your BC1000?

That is a lot!!!

I always love keeping a good relationship with the Vermeer mechanics but here in Richmond Virginia (Ashland) the new service manager adds on ALL which i understand, but it puts the service change completely out of the Normal Cost. When reasonable i enjoy knowing our machine are worked on professionally!

Be realistic but request a better price, im sure its maybe $1,400.oo - $1,600.oo

But how much is piece of mind and a shop that you can turn too (mid-job)...

Everyone is different, personally i told the Ser. Manager that he isn't/ wasn't being realistic and figured out something different!!!

Richmond Virginia

Bob's Tree service
LimbandTreeRemoval.com

Brady S Rischman (Brad)
(804)382-0371

How on earth it needs a new turbo with those hours and hp/displacement ratio?
Turbo is not rocket science and any a little bit technically oriented person with a little bit of common sense can provide diagnose if bearings have radial play or wheels are worn out for some strange reason. I'm afraid that someone is looking for easy money.

How on earth it needs a new turbo with those hours and hp/displacement ratio?

Really old thread.....

Regardless, the most common cause of failure is ingesting dirt into the clean side. Broken/loose filter housing, plumbing, etc. Aside from that I wouldn't expect failure at such low hrs either.
I think these are Mitsubishi chargers on the 3.3. Fixed impeller, nothing fancy.

The OP has not been on the site for over 6 years so I am thinking he probably got his issues worked out............o_O

Latest posts

Back