2014 Halifax County Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
igpoe

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
MAY 3, 2014 is on SATURDAY. The Festival actually runs May 2-4. ALL are welcome. You must bring saws in order to participate in the demo of saws and enter for free.( 5 samoleans ) otherwise. We are provided wood and it is arranged by yours truly along with your old pal Stinkbait. This fellowship will serve as the CVGTG as well this year. See our videos from years past if you can figure out how to access. We run each others saws and then tell lies about them as a rule. I will sharpen ANY saw for $5 per tooth with my usual guarantee. Bring whatever excuse for a saw that you have or other interesting POS Artifact. Officially there is No consumption of alcohol allowed as this is a family-styled event, seriously. Post all questions here unless of a private nature................(check additional rules for women). Come one, come all!
Dean

JT78

ArboristSite Guru
I have requested the time off should get it this year working at a different place than the years past. I will bring the usual saws got a couple new projects but haven't had the time or money to invest. Also will be bringing a parts 028 woodboss stihl to donate to Dean or Mitchell whoever wants it more wont be rebuildable but has a lot of good parts and all my other saws are huskies so I have no use other than as a boat anchor. Looking forward to it fellas! Just hope its a little warmer than last year.

sawmandave

sawmandave

ArboristSite Operative
Hi everybody i will make it with some POS saws , i will probably come up on friday , i am looking forward also to see everybody .
I am sad that Ernie did not want to have another gtg this year , i guess he thought it would be too much to do again .
I myself thought it was a super AWSOME GTG , he has fixed up the sawmill complete with a real nice building over it an did away with the tractor power , and he hung a completly rebuilt 471 detroit on the side , boy now that thing will HOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will let him know about Halifax show , in hopes he will make it ??
I will also let Collier Dodson know about this show too ( he was the guy who had the nice restored TITAN BLUESTREAK AT ERNIES last year)
David

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Next time I am that way I will need to stop by and see Ernie and check out my old 4-71. That power unit has cut a lot of lumber. I still have a live log deck, might see if he wants that too.

Sorry to miss you at So Bo.

Rudedog

Rudedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hi everybody i will make it with some POS saws , i will probably come up on friday , i am looking forward also to see everybody .
I am sad that Ernie did not want to have another gtg this year , i guess he thought it would be too much to do again .
I myself thought it was a super AWSOME GTG , he has fixed up the sawmill complete with a real nice building over it an did away with the tractor power , and he hung a completly rebuilt 471 detroit on the side , boy now that thing will HOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will let him know about Halifax show , in hopes he will make it ??
I will also let Collier Dodson know about this show too ( he was the guy who had the nice restored TITAN BLUESTREAK AT ERNIES last year)
David
That was a good GTG with outstanding vittles.

JT78

ArboristSite Guru
Glad you enjoyed it. I had fun and so did Maddy. It will be a couple days till I can post the pics I took. Only bad thing is that its only once a year.

kc4sfe

kc4sfe

ArboristSite Operative
Looks like I missed out on some serious fun! Had to celebrate my MIL's birthday though so maybe next time around. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Latest posts