Chainsaw Pics & Videos from 2010 Heritage Festival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
Last week was the annual Helifax County Heritage Festival in South Boston, Virginia.

I want to thank Dean (aka IGPOE) for inviting my wife and me to participate in the demonstration area for old chainsaws. We had a terrific time and enjoyed all the other chainsaw collectors who were there (stinkbait, Li'l Possum, smiling possum and Dean's buddy Dave). Dean put an amazing amount of work into organizing our part of the Festival and deserves all the rep y'all can throw at him.

Here are a couple of pics to get this started. I'll have more pics and videos coming as I get time. Enjoy!

------

THIS IS DAVE'S 2 MAN DISSTON 211 WITH GIANT BOW BAR. THAT'S ME ON THE DUMB END.

attachment.php

------

THIS TIME IT IS ME ON THE DUMB END OF DEAN'S 2MAN DISSTON 211. I REALLY LOVE THE SOUND OF THESE TWO CYLINDER MONSTERS. THEY CUT FASTER THAN I THOUGHT THEY WOULD AS WELL.

attachment.php

-------

NOW THIS IS DEAN ON THE DUMB END OF ONE OF DAVE'S POULAN 2 MAN SAWS.

attachment.php

Great pics,thanks for sharing!
Looks like a beautiful day.

OKAY...Here is Li'l Possum with his Husky 3120 and 6' Bar.

object>

And then Dean and Dave with the 2 man Poulan...

object>

Good night - more tomorrow and I'm sure stinkbait will have a bunch of photos as well...

Some more pics:
-----
This is Dave Harsh's display - just a few of his 600 saw collection:

attachment.php

------
Dave's unique display method drew a lot of attention to his saws:

attachment.php

-----
Dave's display this day featured his Poulans:

attachment.php

Thanks for posting. It looks like a good time was had by all. That 3120 with the 6 foot bar is a monster. Happy Sawing!

I couldnt find the sweet spot in the R's for the 3120. Oh well I had a good time.

If anybody has the chance to get to the Heritage Festival they should.

JT78 was there too, running his impressive line of ported saws. And with his razor sharp handfiled chains

I couldnt find the sweet spot in the R's for the 3120. Oh well I had a good time.

If anybody has the chance to get to the Heritage Festival they should.

JT78 was there too, running his impressive line of ported saws. And with his razor sharp handfiled chains

Yeah - Speaking of JT78 here are some pics of Justin with his modded saws that ran like leopards. His whole stable were the speed demons at the gtg.

-----
First a video of Justin with his Husky 359 (I think it was) EDIT: IT'S A 395 OF COURSE:

object>

-----
Then there's Justin with his "kick-ass" modded Dolmar 7900. Enough to make me want to get one and have him mod it for me!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back