2023 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn!! That looks great! ---we havin winter here now!!!
so are we.... been into low 40's already... peas in pots peas already flowering...
P1010007.JPG
P1010022.JPG
P1010023.JPG
P1010011.JPG

pix day before...

14* here for the last 2 days, so ya,--winter is upon us,--kinda put my fall plowing to an end unless it thaws out again which I doubt will happen. Last yeat I plowed in December, so who knows! Gotta fix the plow now anyway!
Used my front tine tiller today. Of course I'm only digging a trench for asparagus I ordered.

14* here for the last 2 days, so ya,--winter is upon us,--kinda put my fall plowing to an end unless it thaws out again which I doubt will happen. Last yeat I plowed in December, so who knows! Gotta fix the plow now anyway!
tomorrow is December 1st... and we are still in around 70f!

but my garden likes it ~

I got new Asparagus trench dug yesterday before the rain started. So I'm ready for the February delivery of another 20 plants. Back fill with 50/50 mix of compose/topsoil at time of planting. Some are replacements for no shows in my other two rows and the rest go into the new row. In a couple of years, I'll have a nice stand to harvest. I'm reusing the lower part of my garden that was an attempt at a strawberry patch years ago. Got grown over with weeds and saplings.

Some of the dirt from the last lift of the trench was used to level up an area for my two new tote raised beds. I know I said I would never plant sweet potatoes in a raised bed but a new bladder fell in my lap. This one will be deeper and filled with the same 50/50 mix. If the experiment fails next year, I'll just plant peppers in them.

I got new Asparagus trench dug yesterday before the rain started. So I'm ready for the February delivery of another 20 plants. Back fill with 50/50 mix of compose/topsoil at time of planting. Some are replacements for no shows in my other two rows and the rest go into the new row. In a couple of years, I'll have a nice stand to harvest. I'm reusing the lower part of my garden that was an attempt at a strawberry patch years ago. Got grown over with weeds and saplings.

Some of the dirt from the last lift of the trench was used to level up an area for my two new tote raised beds. I know I said I would never plant sweet potatoes in a raised bed but a new bladder fell in my lap. This one will be deeper and filled with the same 50/50 mix. If the experiment fails next year, I'll just plant peppers in them.
i have tried crowns... so-so results. they took. grew. liked them to eat fresh 'snapped'! very sweet. i have had sweet from store. 1-10 about a 2.5. usually the sweet is gone. but ok as what can one do? 🤷‍♂️ i am waiting to live my dream... Farmer Steve's Annual Asparagus GTG! ~

1701451668217.png

😋

Make your bed deep and the sweets should do fine,----go 2 or 3 feet deep, keep it loose, water heavy and they should do good. I plant 16 to 18" apart to get big taters. closer = small strings. Thats how you regulate the size of them. Sounds goofy but it does work! lol!
found this guy in pantry last nite... last of bag, got new bag now... seems to be begging to get planted, mite get its wish....

P1010003.JPG

Make your bed deep and the sweets should do fine,----go 2 or 3 feet deep, keep it loose, water heavy and they should do good. I plant 16 to 18" apart to get big taters. closer = small strings. Thats how you regulate the size of them. Sounds goofy but it does work! lol!
2' to 3' deep!? I can't dig that deep! lol. These new tote beds are 18" deep. I'll only plant 4 plants in each one. Not a major crop, I know.

Kangaroos????? in your yard???? DAMN! thats neat! LOL! Keep the pics coming as the garden grows!
Yeah Eastern Grey kangaroos I also got Pretty Face Wallaby and Swamp Wallaby.. I'm in the bush I got everything snakes included lol
I don't mind the Red Bellied black snakes hanging around they eat the browns. I just got to be mindful where I step in my gardens lol

Screenshot_20231202_223537_YouTube.jpg

think i should plant that big red whole? was thinking 2 maybe 3 seed pcs. i don't want to take up a lot of space. peas overrunning the place! ~

Latest posts

Back