2023 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20230813_133809025~2.jpg

16 okra seeds last week, potted. popped in 3 days. other day transplanted 6. 6 is more than enuff for my needs. 16 will have me chasing my tail. :crazy2: early pods, pan fried quite tasty, imo...
P1010037.JPG

P1010038.JPG

P1010020.JPG

the size i transplanted went into larger pots. then can get them established and transfer into garden when bigger.

okra at grocery other day $3.46/# and din't look too fresh!

If that didn't fix it, I would have tested the spark to see how that looked.
still having problems with the troybilt tiller. Engine loses spark. We replaced the coil, the points and condenser. Checked the magnets in the flywheel, checked keyway, on recommendation from the Kholer factory tech we swapped out the points for a module made to replace the point setup. Installed a new plug and even replaced and then removed the kill wire on the throttle lever. Engine may or may not crank, may or maynot run, but when it dont crank and doesnt run, it doesnt have fire to the spark plug. We also rebuilt the carb, I have ran out of ideals on what could be the problem. Anybody care to take a guess.

still having problems with the troybilt tiller. I have ran out of ideals on what could be the problem. Anybody care to take a guess.
one time when i was working on my Horse, i decided to put in a double ground. 2 ground wires. one to the stock position. and one directly from Batt - to the engine block. so 2 connections at the Batt - terminal. tiller started much better, as in right now! ran crisper. all in all, it liked the grounding mods!

Decided to harvest some of my onions today. It's earlier than I expected, but a lot of them had flopped over and the roots are starting to die back. Most of my white onions are still standing tall.View attachment 1104749View attachment 1104750View attachment 1104751
how do u use and keep all those onions?i did not grow onions this year. did last. and had a nice crop. but, bit much to handle them all, set the out, dry and the tie into braids. so we just buy on-as-needed sweet onions from store. got a bag of a dozen or so other day. 3# bag/sweet onions

how do u use and keep all those onions?i did not grow onions this year. did last. and had a nice crop. but, bit much to handle them all, set the out, dry and the tie into braids. so we just buy on-as-needed sweet onions from store. got a bag of a dozen or so other day. 3# bag/sweet onions
We'll store a lot of them whole, we dice and dehydrate some, we use them in stewed tomatoes and salsa, we give a lot away!

kraut is wicked stuff anyway and with garlic I can imagine it!! LOL!! Should make some great kraut! I never tried the garlic in any! Interesting!

On storing onions, we put them on rolling carts in the basement with big fan blowing on them. Some go on the big shelves with wire bottoms on them single layer and they keep a long time but no onion will last a year like they claim unless you can keep the temp down to 34-35 degrees all the time and dry!

We freeze dry all we can and donate the rest to who ever wants them and take the rest to the food bank. Had 5,500 pounds this year from 11 rows 230 feet long. Had a lot of 3 pound onions this year and they freeze dried up beautiful!

Thought you gardeners would like
some produce auction pics.
My buddy's peaches and plums.
View attachment 1104978
Heirloom tomatoes.
View attachment 1104979
Regular tomatoes.
View attachment 1104980
Green and yellow wax beans.
View attachment 1104981
Nice watermelons.
View attachment 1104982
Few bins of sweet corn.
View attachment 1104983
serious example of Produce Row! 👍

those yellow wax sure look fine! i dug about in my shop refer seed section and came across a couple packs of them...

one time when i was working on my Horse, i decided to put in a double ground. 2 ground wires. one to the stock position. and one directly from Batt - to the engine block. so 2 connections at the Batt - terminal. tiller started much better, as in right now! ran crisper. all in all, it liked the grounding mods!
My tiller dont have a battery, pull start only.

Thought you gardeners would like
some produce auction pics.
My buddy's peaches and plums.
View attachment 1104978
Heirloom tomatoes.
View attachment 1104979
Regular tomatoes.
View attachment 1104980
Green and yellow wax beans.
View attachment 1104981
Nice watermelons.
View attachment 1104982
Few bins of sweet corn.
View attachment 1104983
Looks like a great variety of toms, 2nd pic. I see Pineapple, Cherokee Purple and a few others that we grew this year. 😀

Back