2023 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only one way to dig sweet potatoes. --- Ya,--I cheated! lol!

Attachments

• 20231004_112125.jpg
    20231004_112125.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231004_112041.jpg
    20231004_112041.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231004_131300.jpg
    20231004_131300.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231004_112006.jpg
    20231004_112006.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
One sweet potato for the whole extended family at Thanksgiving dinner!
i had been wondering how he planned to use it? 🤔
one super roasted sweet potato with all the trimmings?
. just trimming the ends, pre-roast preps... and then even then... enuff still for some homemade sweet potato pie for dessert!!! 😋

1697353634203.png

i had to reboot my brussel's seed pot. 12 no shows! now the pot is hopping! just had to dazzle with extra numbers! lol...

but, i tossed out a handful of cilantro seeds corriander... and they took off like lickity-split ~
P1010002.JPG

then i took a plastic 6 pak and divvidied them up into 6 groups. delicate starts at first, they soon show how hardy they are.... that's why i split them. 6 batches. and then just cut the herb as needed...

Pepper patch is stihl putting out. Cutting some cabbage too. Lady just ordered these five heads.
View attachment 1120133View attachment 1120134
My few pepper plants are still producing, too. My green beans are going strong also. I picked 3 gallons a week ago Sunday.
IMG_2118.JPG
And picked almost another 3 gallons today.
IMG_2119.JPG
No pressure canner yet so everything except a few meals gets frozen. There will be another picking half as much in another week. Will a frost hurt beans?

light frost will still go in the beans, ---- not the best. pick the day before if you can.
our beans been gone a long time, didnt do well this year due to weather being too hot/dry.
still would have tomatoes here, BUT we are kinda tomatoed out so will leave them.
a lot of peppers out there but we dont use them so the rest of them will get plowed under.
still have the carrots and beets to dig.
as soon as they frost, the cannas, calla lilies, and dahalias need dug.
just filled the big freeze drier with apple slices and waiting on a switch for the little guy so its been down for a few days. Gotta do your own fixes on these units thats why they are not for everybody.

My few pepper plants are still producing, too. My green beans are going strong also. I picked 3 gallons a week ago Sunday.
View attachment 1120461
And picked almost another 3 gallons today.
View attachment 1120462
No pressure canner yet so everything except a few meals gets frozen. There will be another picking half as much in another week. Will a frost hurt beans?
i din't think a light frost would hurt... but then i read this:

Warm season vegetables such as your green beans are incredibly sensitive and will suffer damage from even a light frost. They will continue to ripen after picking so it is best to harvest any crop before the first light frost. The same goes for planting beans in the spring.

More scalding hot peppers for drying and hot sauce,
put up some kraut. Need to put up more, I keep eating it before it's good and sour.
View attachment 1120482View attachment 1120483View attachment 1120485View attachment 1120484
the newest World's Hottest Pepper is the X-Pepper!

Is Pepper X the hottest pepper in the world?
Ed Currie holds up his certification that his new Pepper X variety of peppers is the hottest in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records on Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023, in Fort Mill, S.C.

but urs look hot enuff (too!) for me. the red ones... lol

Cold front coming in. should indicate this brutally hot summer is behind us! tied a heat record other day, for the day... prev highest hi was set in 1905! cooler weather will be welcome. but a real nasty storm will accompany the front the tv weather folks are saying heavy REDS! all over. couple hours of heavy rainfall. up to 5" or more... :nofunny:

i hope to get my limas sorted out... quite a few of them are now flowering. brussel and cilantro seeds to the seed pot other day. sugar snaps to go... and my okra will be in-ground prob this weekend... 🤞
1697648884461.png

limas still doing well, despite hot summer! noticed first bean other day
zzzzxlb.JPG

light frost will still go in the beans, ---- not the best. pick the day before if you can.
our beans been gone a long time, didnt do well this year due to weather being too hot/dry.
still would have tomatoes here, BUT we are kinda tomatoed out so will leave them.
a lot of peppers out there but we dont use them so the rest of them will get plowed under.
still have the carrots and beets to dig.
as soon as they frost, the cannas, calla lilies, and dahalias need dug.
just filled the big freeze drier with apple slices and waiting on a switch for the little guy so its been down for a few days. Gotta do your own fixes on these units thats why they are not for everybody.
i still have carrots to plant, seeds. not sure if i will do beets. got plenty pickled still...
going to do another carrot circle. worked good for small home garden

Latest posts

Back