2077 Clutch Side Seal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyyota

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I did a vac/pressure test on my Jonsered 2077. Passed pressure, failed vac. Pulled flywheel found the seal would such oil, ok. Pulled the clutch and oil pump and found this: there does not seem to be a traditional seal, but rather an integral bearing seal as part of the ball bearing, like one would find in an industrial application. This does not seem to match up with the ipl. There is a small land for which a drive in seal may go, but it is very small. Perhaps the bearing is pushed out too far?? Funny thing is this side isn't leaking, it holds pressure and vacuum. Thoughts???

Attachments

• 2077-1.jpg
    2077-1.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2077-2.jpg
    2077-2.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 20
I'll pick up a replacement clutch side seal to go with the flywheel side seal. If there is room to land the correct seal as is, should I pull out the integral seal before I install?

I guess.
I would get a second opinion from someone more versed with that model than I am though.....lol

The seal on the other (inboard) side will prevent lubrication by the 2 stroke oil that is mixed in the fuel.
The bearing may not be in on the crankshaft far enough for there to be enough shoulder for the seal to be driven home.

That looks like an integral seal/bearing combo to me, which appears to be correct. The later models of that saw used a combo similar to what Husqvarna currently uses in the 385/390 and other saws. A correct dimension replacement from Husqvarna would likely be the bearing/seal combo out of the 576XP.

Back