2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to figure out if the different cylinders that came with the variations of 2100/2101/298 are different or the same. The ipls I have seen haven't listed a part number for just the cylinder, only a piston and cylinder as a set and with the thin ring and thick ring pistons I wonder if the cylinders were different over the years. I port mapped a 833/2c cylinder, which came as a top end kit for a 298, and a 833/2b cylinder which came on a 2100 with a thin ring. Not sure if the piston was original though. Both of these are exactly the same. I suppose the c and b could be size grading. I am looking for input from those in the know. Or a link to the thread that has discussed this specifically before.:laugh:

Good deal Al, great to hear and know this of him. Craig awesome nice to meet you! Torinocobra, not sure of many if any changes, maybe some porting seem same or close to me, but I am no cylinder expert. My go too for that type of question=Randy Mastermind.

I needed this like another hole in my head. For all practical purposes it's new. I'm not sure I'm man enough to start the thing. It will be next week before I can play with it.

I think you got a good deal on that, compared to some of the prices they have been going for on there.:msp_wink: Especially since you got to save on shipping. Very nice saw.

I needed this like another hole in my head. For all practical purposes it's new. I'm not sure I'm man enough to start the thing. It will be next week before I can play with it.

Looks like a good candidate for some decal measurements for duplication!

Nice saw!!!

Last edited:
Sent my 2100XP thin ring to Phil's today for major port/polishing the saw is done in complete Mossy Oak over the entire case and a first here at Cascade Saw. Saw is due back mid Feb. Have photos can't load squat:msp_angry: PM me the saw is on my shop page on fb:rock:

here ya go terry.
attachment.php

That looks to be a fine example of a fine saw!

Keep her good until that little fella can hoss it around for you.

I have no doubt it will still be rippin' when he gets his turn:cheers:

That looks to be a fine example of a fine saw!

Keep her good until that little fella can hoss it around for you.

I have no doubt it will still be rippin' when he gets his turn:cheers:

Thanks Mo. Took an ebay gamble on it and as far as I can tell, the only thing that needs attention is the oiler.... not getting much output.

Was advertised with 160 compression, which seemed okay. When I put it on my tester and pulled until it stopped rising, it was just shy of 180 :rock:

Yep, this will be a saw that is taken care of so my son has a chance to use some vintage muscle when he gets big enough. :cheers:

I agree with my Indiana friend, and dam love that term, hoss it around!:clap: Good looking little boy you got, and we figured beverage was yours LOL! I Rebuilt carb, and replaced fuel filter and line on the new 395 today, it's like new but sat some years. Got some help from Aaron=Eccentric, and My other friend Matt=Teddyscout, was pulling my hair out never worked on one before! Got it though

Back