2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me, and I agree not into the giant filters, that stand staright up, they always get smashed the first week. CRE1992 all three of those saws you mentioned, count, and very much! Nice scores:msp_thumbsup:

Thanks Mr. Norm,

RandyMac and I had a discussion once on the height of the filters on some of those stacked saws.

Me thinks he asked how low I could go?

Shane love your vids, would love copies if we could work it out, be so much appreciated! Sacahsmo buddy your welcome! Yep got the lowest k&N I could for mine, the biggies look way cool too, but oh crunch LOL! I love the way you set up all yours some of the nicest set ups I have ever seen.

Shane love your vids, would love copies if we could work it out, be so much appreciated! Sacahsmo buddy your welcome! Yep got the lowest k&N I could for mine, the biggies look way cool too, but oh crunch LOL! I love the way you set up all yours some of the nicest set ups I have ever seen.

I think we could work something out. give me a bit to get some copies of more vids from marcel. I will make copies for you. I got some more falling stuff tucked away. got one of marcel falling a tree with an 090 but it wouldn't be right to post a turd in this thread :potstir:

Photos of some of my 2100 series saws.

Here are four of my 2100 series. Left to right: A 2101w, 2101, 298, and 2100. These are all runners, that are used, and worked. The 2100 just got rebuilt. I bought it new, in 1983. I have three more 2100s, which currently aren't running. I am in the process of rebuilding my other 1983 model.

With their big brother...

Here they are with their big brother 3120. I love the 2101's, and 2100's, but the 3120 is way smoother. The parts are for my other 1983 2100. They got some fresh paint.

The 2100, after all my work rebuilding.

Here is my first 2100, bought in 1983. I have cut an awful lot of wood with this saw. I enjoyed rebuilding it. It is mechanically new again.

Got the lame ass internet myself Shane, sure slow at times! D.lane beauties I say:msp_w00t:

my bro told me some kind of trick to make the uploads faster. can't remember what he said now though. i'll text him tomorrow to see whats up. hopefully this don't take as long as it says :msp_unsure:

Got the lame ass internet myself Shane, sure slow at times! D.lane beauties I say:msp_w00t:

Since I have been reading this thread, I have spent way too much time and money on the old 2100s. Three new bars, new chain, three rebuilds, and another complete rebuild in progress. It's all good though. I love these old powerhouse saws. They are heavy, they vibrate, but boy do they run, and last. Now I have two more, that need cylinders. I got some parts saws, and parts from Mike in Placerville. That will be a help; I wish I had the extra cash to get more parts from him. I wish I could find some nice cylinders that were affordable.

Last edited:
Since I have been reading this thread, I have spent way too much time and money on the old 2100s. Three new bars, new chain, three rebuilds, and another complete rebuild in progress. It's all good though. I love these old powerhouse saws. They are heavy, they vibrate, but boy do they run, and last. Now I have two more, that need cylinders. I got some parts saws, and parts from Mike in Placerville. That will be a help; I wish I had the extra cash to get more parts from him. I wish I could find some nice cylinders that were affordable.

Yeah you and me both. Every time I get a little $$$ and think about going to see Mike...................it get's diverted elsewhere...:bang:

:)

here it is guys. 090 scene is at the end. the guy falling is marcel and the guy standing beside the 090 at the end is my grandpa. they and the 090 were both in their prime. they are both pensioners now :cheers: poor quality but was filmed in the early 70's so not bad considering :)

[video=youtube;YuidHcorIfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuidHcorIfQ[/video]

Last edited:
:)

here it is guys. 090 scene is at the end. the guy falling is marcel and the guy standing beside the 090 at the end is my grandpa. they and the 090 were both in their prime. they are both pensioners now :cheers: poor quality but was filmed in the early 70's so not bad considering :)

[video=youtube;YuidHcorIfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuidHcorIfQ[/video]

Old school. Pretty cool!

More good stuff Shane. Saw a couple old McCullochs in the 1965 section in the beginning of that last video too.:D

more to come :) I tried calling marcel around 9:30 but got his wife. she told me he flew to Ontario. crazy guy. supposed to be back in a week or something like that. gonna get some more vids when he is back. 3 hr drive to his house though :( maybe just get them shipped :)

more to come :) I tried calling marcel around 9:30 but got his wife. she told me he flew to Ontario. crazy guy. supposed to be back in a week or something like that. gonna get some more vids when he is back. 3 hr drive to his house though :( maybe just get them shipped :)

Please tell him that a faller from Southeast Alaska REALLY ENJOYS WATCHING THEM . Thanks for posting them.

video says 50 min left :(. you gonna stay up long enough to view it norm?
Sorry I missed this, musta hit the sack. I get that too, forget comp stuff, never was an expert myself LOL! Hey thanks for sharing all this awesome stuff! The tree the 090 is on is a good one too.

Back