2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon, I am gonna ask him tommorow if he is home, what book it was that got him a 288xp. I am gonna hit him up for it again. It's been awhile I want it. He told me if I found him a good saw in trade, preferablly a Stihl then I could take the 288, he has no attachment to it. I do I have to have one.

Where you cuttin' big trees on the 17th?

Aaron, up off of Hwy 88 above Pioneer at about 6200'. It's all pine and cedar, but a few are 3-4'+ diameter.

Jon, I am gonna ask him tommorow if he is home, what book it was that got him a 288xp. I am gonna hit him up for it again. It's been awhile I want it. He told me if I found him a good saw in trade, preferablly a Stihl then I could take the 288, he has no attachment to it. I do I have to have one.

Norm, I've got a 009L, and a whole stack of books by my ####ter that I have read. If he wants to make a deal:laugh::laugh:

Got off the phone with my buddy Dave, about an hour ago. Got the skinny he traded a all about horseshoing book, for the 288. I told him you guy's got a kick out of it, and he said you gotta understand it wasn't any book, but like the holy bible of shoing. LOL! ha dindn't get it some guy's just aren't saw fanatic's like we are!

Spent most of the summer, down my 660. Had to cut alot of big stuff this summer, was glad to have the 2101, who has prove'd more than worthy. I got my 660 back on thursday, and was very happy just the same. Both front runner's, both top shelf! Anymore I couldn't choose between the two:bowdown:

Jumpe'd on Ebay last night, been awhile just wanted to look at canon bar's. Before I could type anything it automatically brought up a pic, and suggesstion. A 2101xp I thought are you kidding the site know's me, or read's mind's LOL! Did notice ther value has gone up. If I had the money I would get more of em. Not for value or sale wise, but I truel'y feel one of the all time best:bowdown:

Well may sound like a broken record, but Son of a ##### The 2101 is bulletproof. I wish they would bring it back. That thing bailed me out this summer. Nothing but big wood to cut. And the 660 was in the shop, and out for a month. The 22 year old is still a FLAGSHIP SAW:flag:

I use my 2101 Anniversary model more since I started reading your thread, Norm.

Well may sound like a broken record, but Son of a ##### The 2101 is bulletproof. I wish they would bring it back. That thing bailed me out this summer. Nothing but big wood to cut. And the 660 was in the shop, and out for a month. The 22 year old is still a FLAGSHIP SAW:flag:

I'd forgotten how nice it sounds and it gives my old body a good honest workout.

Joe

285/2100

Not to take away from this post at all fellas but I have a 285 witha 2100 p/c . What I did was take the saw in to shop to get the gov worked on but they failed. Is there a price what this saw is worth cause I think its going top go. Husqvarna hands

I broke down and bought a 2101xp to see what they are all about. Waiting for some parts to finish it up. It ran and cut good but needed anti vibes, spikes...etc. It had some parts on it for a chain brake but I probably won't put that all back on as most were missing. I need to repair a small hole in the oil tank too.

Surprisingly, it had 170-175psi of compression and started up within 6-7 pulls. Dang, that thing can be heavy to pull over. Had it rip the cord out of my hand a few times.

This is way more saw than I will ever need.

One question, is there any way to truly tell if it is an XP? The top cover says so and looks original to the machine. The VIN tag says 2101 but no XP.

Joe, That is great to hear my friend! You are a loyal 2101 man:rock: Husqvarna hand's post up a pic, and description here of youre saw, and we can help put on a value. There is a thread on how to plug the governor using aluminum from a can. You can also get a welsh plug. There are also later model carb's like I have, with no governor. Shaker that's awesome, welcome to the club:rockn::yourock: Get that sucker running good, it will grow on you after a few outing's. You kinda get hooke'd get's in youre blood. The xp I have seen on the cover's, not sure of serial number if it would be listed. Some guy's do change the cover's. I believe all 2101's were xp, could be wrong. Norm..........

Nice stuff Randy, yeah Aaron sometime's I wish video's just dindn't have music at all. Where is owl creek?

I notice'd that Randy, and thank's for thinking of me. Have read some of the headwater's cotroversy. Speaking of big huskie's you run the 1100 yet?

Looking for a bar and chain, need to switch out the clutch drum for a rim sprocket.

These goofy guys are using big Huskys.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Py3dAYwmBQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL! Oregon still has the clutche's available new, I had to get one for my 2101. I know you were wanting a 36in bar, but I have a 28in if you want it. Probably to short for you. I have a 34 on mine.

Back