2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old 3120 twin

found this vid couple days ago, its one of the saws i sold some years back.
Its new owner and racing for the open speed title in Dungog NSW aust back in 2008.

I never realised how much i would miss that saw when i sold it, today i think about it each race day.

[video=youtube_share;twGjOMymwXY]http://youtu.be/twGjOMymwXY[/video]

P.S Wade that's not rambling, that's normal for 2100 land, and for me that excitement never dies. Neil that's some horespower!!:clap::clap:Serge- Husq2100, what does 6240 mean?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Dolmars or Solos.....imagine if they did a 100cc version of the 7900/681, thats what husky needs to do, build a 95-100cc saw in a frame not much bigger than the 390xp....oh and it should have a full circle piston with thin rings :msp_wink:

Nothing wrong with Dolmars or Solos.....imagine if they did a 100cc version of the 7900/681, thats what husky needs to do, build a 95-100cc saw in a frame not much bigger than the 390xp....oh and it should have a full circle piston with thin rings :msp_wink:

That is the first thing I thought of when I ran a 681.

Neil, when you say 'twin', you mean twin carbs ( I assume) ........ or twin cylinders ??

Ductape,,,, not exactly...... what i did was bolted 2 x 3120 husky powerheads together for open racing to combat the 250cc bike saws which were menacing our raceing at the time. I have dozens of photoes but none on the computer to show you.

How i did it was i built my own clutch to go between the 2 engines and ran a extra fuel line to fuel engine 2. i used the outa engine to do the cutting and the inner engine just for boost. Both powerheads ran 272 coils with K flywheels (advanced timing) with gutted G6 walbro carbies with number 12 jets. Both cylinders were ported same as my race single 3120's except it ran 2 inch exits on both exhausts. ( it would only rev round 10 000 rpm on standard mufflers) when all was correct it ran out at 13 to 13500 rpm all day.
sprockets were modified oregon harvester from the bell harvester (11 tooth 404 and 13 or 14 in 3/8)
I won a lot of open events with this saw from mid 90's to early 00's.
I sold this saw along with all my other race saws to help pay my deposit and legal fees for my first house.

i will try and get my pics on the computer and show them.

Last edited:
I'd like to see that ! :biggrin:

Sometimes I wish I were a machinist..... I daydream of the saws I'd build.

it took a lot of practice to do 3 cuts in 4inches. But it was awsome in power, i loved that thing and had confidance with it.

Last edited:
I got a lead on a green muscle saw while out looking at muscle guns, I couldn't afford the guns but hopefully the saw will pan out, just waiting for a call from a saw shop mechanic who said he stored some green monsters a few years ago to keep them from going to scrap. So until then here are some pics of what I did yesterday.
Photo0183.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Ductape,,,, not exactly...... what i did was bolted 2 x 3120 husky powerheads together for open racing to combat the 250cc bike saws which were menacing our race at the time. I have dozens of photoes but none on the computer to show you.

How i did it was i built my own clutch to go between the 2 engines and ran a extra fuel line to fuel engine 2. i used the outa engine to do the cutting and the inner engine just for boost. Both powerheads ran 272 coils with K flywheels (advanced timing) with gutted G6 walbro carbies with number 12 jets. Both cylinders were ported same as my race single 3120's except it ran 2 inch exits on both exhausts. ( it would only rev round 10 000 rpm on standard mufflers) when all was correct it ran out at 13 to 13500 rpm all day.
sprockets were modified oregon harvester from the bell harvester (11 tooth 404 and 13 or 14 in 3/8)
I won a lot of open events with this saw from mid 90's to early 00's.
I sold this saw along with all my other race saws to help pay my deposit and legal fees for my first house.

i will try and get my pics on the computer and show them.
sounds bloody awesome !!!! man that thing must of had some serious pull ...just love me 3120xp best saws period!! we'll i love my 395s' just as much ..and yeah, hey brother norm :rock: i want a 2100/2101 just as much :msp_biggrin: love husky muscleeeeeee!!!!!!

sounds bloody awesome !!!! man that thing must of had some serious pull ...just love me 3120xp best saws period!! we'll i love my 395s' just as much ..and yeah, hey brother norm :rock: i want a 2100/2101 just as much :msp_biggrin: love husky muscleeeeeee!!!!!!

Yes mate it did have some pull, but the guys i raced against often had a run with it and after a few runs they could get a respectable time, staying inside 4 inches was another story but.
In those days our starting bore cut had to be centre and on line and same out the back line (pierce cut had to be level or you were dissqualified).

I got a lead on a green muscle saw while out looking at muscle guns, I couldn't afford the guns but hopefully the saw will pan out, just waiting for a call from a saw shop mechanic who said he stored some green monsters a few years ago to keep them from going to scrap. So until then here are some pics of what I did yesterday.
Photo0183.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

I think i will call you sir.......

Yes mate it did have some pull, but the guys i raced against often had a run with it and after a few runs they could get a respectable time, staying inside 4 inches was another story but.
In those days our starting bore cut had to be centre and on line and same out the back line (pierce cut had to be level or you were dissqualified).
yeah right! lots of practice to get up have a competitive run ..would of been sweet to run up against the kart saws, give em a good run for there money... she'd weigh around 20kg? that'll make them boys complaining bout a few extra pounds between saws look like bloody sheila's .lol ... would of been cool to see ya run it back in the day ...good stuff bro

Latest posts

Back