2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, forgot to say also check the manual oiler plunger. Pull it out it has two o -rings if you did not replace them I bet they are bad. That caused mine to lose bar oil into the gas tank. And then if I remember right gas got in the oil. If so may be part, or none of your problem just wanted to throw it out.

I saw one once on Craigslist, 15 minutes north of my house 2101 brand new in the box never fired. You think I lost any sleep??

Thanks for joining in! The sweetest thing would be having both! But hey the 395 is more than worthy! Gloud 272 great saw, but if you gotta trade, and wisely you did trade up, up as in cubes!! Good job brother nice score, welcome to the clube!

Actually i did have both at one point..lol But ill use the 395 alot more than i would have the 2100...it would have just sat around collecting dust anyway and the guy i sold it to was really happy with it and he is gonna cut his big firewood up with it and use it on his chainsaw mill. Thats better than it sitting around at my place...and he loves it..and he'll take care of it and use the hell out of it..and thats what i wanted and it needed. The 395 was a night and day difference in speed too...so the 2100 would just sit around and wait for the occasional monster tree 5'+...and i know this 395 can pull my 32" bar and then some...lol For regular timber the 395 wears a 24" GB.

Yes it was Greg for sure! Stihl 440 I am a big fan too, of the 394-395 outstanding, come to think of it Husky has a long line of outstanding muscle saws.

i would like to get my hands on a good 395, that needs a new piston and cylinder, to try that big bore cylinder. Never see them here. Nearest one is in Campbell River. I've gone that far looking for a saw before but too busy now. I also have to take a ferry that costs $20 to go saw shopping and I try to keep the ferry expense to a minimum.

Its a good thing I don't have an extra $750 plus shipping hanging around........ :biggrin:

agreed- my heart went clean to my throat when I saw that beauty. Too bad I just bought the 288 from Mastermind. (what am I saying- i needed that saw!). 2101 is on my short list- but the wife's anniversary is too close.

You and me both!:msp_thumbsup::bowdown: Greg I also would like a 395, well and a 394 and a 288. LOL! Hell yeah!:bowdown:

Norm- it's a crying shame that you aint got a 288 as much as you love them. Now that I think about it- it's a dam shame I aint got a 2101. I guess we can both sulk about our plights.

Hey Norm, It's only 9 o'clock in California right now- I'm sitting here at 1am with no one to chat with. 288's rule:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Yep its a shame, but will have a 288 someday soon, as will you have a 2100-01. I get them nights with nobody to chat with. But I'm always here. I dream muscle saws!:msp_thumbup:

Back