2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Sunday i ran a tank of fuel thru the following saws, Stihl 064, and 056, Solo 694, Husky 385 and 372, and I ran 3 tanks thru my 2101. What a machine. All of the saws I mentioned are ported except the big Solo and the 2101, its fun to run the ported saws but I think it was even funner to run the stock big Husky. You guys are right about these 2100/2101's, they truly are a muscle saw. I had a 28" bar on it and I was noodling and bucking 20-30" red oak logs and it just eats it up. I hope that some day I find my self out west and can meet some of you good folks.

Last Sunday i ran a tank of fuel thru the following saws, Stihl 064, and 056, Solo 694, Husky 385 and 372, and I ran 3 tanks thru my 2101. What a machine. All of the saws I mentioned are ported except the big Solo and the 2101, its fun to run the ported saws but I think it was even funner to run the stock big Husky. You guys are right about these 2100/2101's, they truly are a muscle saw. I had a 28" bar on it and I was noodling and bucking 20-30" red oak logs and it just eats it up. I hope that some day I find my self out west and can meet some of you good folks.

Andy we'd love to have you and Sarah out here. If you make it out here, you can run our 288XP and 2100/2101 saws in some big wood. I have a 42" bar on the way for my 2100CD, and know where there's some big wood to sink it in once I have it up and running again.:D

Andy we'd love to have you and Sarah out here. If you make it out here, you can run our 288XP and 2100/2101 saws in some big wood. I have a 42" bar on the way for my 2100CD, and know where there's some big wood to sink it in once I have it up and running again.:D

I've got a 42" cannon on mine, seems made for it, looks cool too.

I have a 42" for mine, I cut down and bucked up a 44" maple tree with the 2101 last year. Good time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good to see u my friends. Yes Aaron felt much better today, knowing the 2101 was ready to rip! Cut some hard ass Euc today, and it was 288 country, it said give me more! FWgsaw welcome aboard, and howdy to Montana. Much family there:clap:

Mark Heimann has the 77 that I picked up from a CL seller. I had it running on a prime. Mark rehabbed it with a new metering diaphragm and has ran it at the last couple Baraboo GTG's.

There hard to beat in big wood......has my vote for #1 muscle saw, there's faster saws but that old Mac just has something about it

There hard to beat in big wood......has my vote for #1 muscle saw, there's faster saws but that old Mac just has something about it

Yep. That 'something' is 120cc and deep gear reduction. TORQUE in abundance. The 77 I had wears 5/8" pitch chain. BIG stuff. That saw would probably pull an 8' bar running that big chain.....

Hey Guys,
I bought my 2100cd from a member monthes ago, I have never fueled it or ran it- since they are somewhat difficult to find parts for I sent it off to Randy for a "wellness check". In the process we have ran into a snag. He can't find a case gasket for it? Anybody have one that can work something out with Randy or myself.

Hey Guys,
I bought my 2100cd from a member monthes ago, I have never fueled it or ran it- since they are somewhat difficult to find parts for I sent it off to Randy for a "wellness check". In the process we have ran into a snag. He can't find a case gasket for it? Anybody have one that can work something out with Randy or myself.

Interesting, I was hoping to get one for a project that is on the bench now. Maybe I'll just have to cut one.

Back