2141 Jonsered/smallest Swede.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I fired up a 2141 Jonsered today. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. That little 41cc has a strong heart. It is a Swede saw, not a poulan.

It would make a good saw for someone who is strength challanged in starting a saw.

Hi Tony,

How do you like the Jonsered 2141...a year later? Found one next to the tree on Christmas morning with my name on it....get to try it out early tomorrow morning.

Che

Che, I haven't run a 2141 but I had a previous version of Electrolux's small saw -A Husky 40. I think that you are going to be pleased with your 2141.

I think that you are going to be pleased with your 2141.

I hope so....so far it's just a very pretty ornament on the hearth. ;)

If it's like my old 2036, I know I will be.

Che, you don't play guitar, do you?

flowerswaiting.gif

:p

;)

I had a model 41 Husky for years, it didn't do everything I wanted, but then again I wanted to do too much with it. Then I got "THE BUG" (see list below). It was a great little saw. Hope you enjoy yours.

First complaint would be the oil fil hole is too close to the handle, a bit awkward to fill.

So far, so good. I didn't push it too much...I was cutting in an area that was accessible while the ground was frozen, but it's warming up and if I played too long, I'd never get out.

It was well balanced, oiled nicely...went right through a 10" piece of hedge without any bogging. It sounds different from what I'm used to....a higher pitched 'whine'.

I'm not sure what else I should consider.....feels good, not too heavy, can handle hedge.

I'm going to clean it up in a bit. I'll also check the air filter and make sure it's not like the Shindaiwa's where I had to get a finer/heavier filter for this hard wood's dust. Then I'll play some more in the morning. :D

Hi Che,

It`s always a joyous occassion when one gets a new saw, but what happened to the 488? Did it meet an untimely end?

Russ

Hi Russ,

No, the 488 is still working great as always. Some things in life you don't question. So I'm not going to. :cool: :D

My guess is that I had been saying that I wanted to pick up another 2036 as I really like it, it's lightweight, has one of those very narrow bar/chain, and just feels good. BUT....it has always had a problem with the clutch, the chainbrake has broken twice, and now that it gets borrowed alot....the chain is always in unpredictable condition, it's not cleaned up regularly, etc. THAT I do complain about alot.

I like to take two saws out with me, in case I get stuck or something....'so these are THEM'....and they're color coordinated to boot!! My other alternative is the Sachs-Dolmar 116si...but to be honest, I'd rather not use it with my screwy arm & back now.

Latest posts

Back