2153 air filter problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JS--- Did you have the same result with both filters? When you took the filters apart, did they have a good snap to them, or did it seem that they weren't tight? How did the seems look; were they straight?

The filters on these saws are the same filters that have been used on the 346/353/2152 for years now. The elbow that it mounts to is a different part as it has a nipple for the tank vent hose just below the air filter. (The tank vent hose is still attached, right?)

I'll check a few things when I get to the store today, and get back to you. PM me or give me a call if you have anything new.

holy crap two pages all ready!!

I greased the seams on both filters I have. the spare is on the saw now. I will see how that goes.

The filters do snap together well but I didn't check the seam for straightness.

Just to provide a little more info, the dust is really only inside the filter stuck to the spit back. there doesn't seem to be any in the elbow below the filter.

will check the tank vent hose tonight but I' pretty sure it is still hooked up

fyi, my chains are sharp but when I'm cutting standing dead cherry that has the first inch of radius that is dead powdery rotten wood it tends to make dust despite all my efforts.

holy crap two pages all ready!!

I greased the seams on both filters I have. the spare is on the saw now. I will see how that goes.

The filters do snap together well but I didn't check the seam for straightness.

Just to provide a little more info, the dust is really only inside the filter stuck to the spit back. there doesn't seem to be any in the elbow below the filter.

will check the tank vent hose tonight but I' pretty sure it is still hooked up

fyi, my chains are sharp but when I'm cutting standing dead cherry that has the first inch of radius that is dead powdery rotten wood it tends to make dust despite all my efforts.

Bump!

How did this turn out?

I suspect a flocked (or fleece) filter is advisable for such condition.....

Last edited:
I've only gone through 3/4 of a tank of gas on the saw since I greased the seams and I'm still using the original filter that had the problem. So far there is still a little dust on the inside but not as much as before, I will wait till I use it a little more before drawing any conclusions.

I almost feel like trying one of the nylon filters to see if there is a difference.

i think it may be a defect in the flocked material but I'm not sure, the filter looks good upon visual inspection

Bump!

How did this turn out?

I suspect a flocked (or fleece) filter is advisable for such condition.....

1+

I have had this problem in my 346xp and in my 372xp. Believe me,this is not a problem of Husqvarna or Sthil, this problem only occurs when wood is cut very dry because of dust. In the 372 the problem is solved completely with a HD filter, in the 346xp I recommend you buy a felt filter,this not solve your problem 100% but if to improve a lot. I also say this problem is smaller in the husky than in others :monkey: :cheers:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=897084#post897084

Back