2260 vs 562xp vs 576xp non at

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrek_j

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
so after porting my first saw i have gotten the itch to port something else.

next week I'm picking up a jred 2260, husky 562xp, both auto tunes, and a 576xp, non at.

guy said jred needs muffler and carb programmed, 562 has a bearing issue, and the 576 is scored. so I'm thinking I will keep one and fix and sell the other 2.

I was gonna keep the 576, port it, throw a 24" bar and that would be my big saw, leave a 20" bar on my ported 2165, limb with my freshly ported echo.

then I've been reading about how amazing a 562xp AT is, thought i could leave 24" on my 2165 throw a 20" on the 562. same would go for the 2260.

now personally I like red better, just always thought the jreds look better, especially with that stupid, annoying oops of grey as a clutch cover on the huskys. but the 2260 uses a small mount bar, I have just gotten rid of my small mounts and now only have large mounts. But it seems that husky brings more money than a jonsered.

just looking for opinions, was planning on fixing the saw I was going to keep last, so won't be able to run all at the same time to see which one I like the best.

All great saws. comes down to personal preference. Once you get them, see which one is most comfortable for you. Personally, I'd keep the Jonsered

does the 562/2260 respond better to porting than the 576?

I think that would make more sense too, as I can take both to the dealer and get the carbs reflashed at the same time.
thanks guys for your input

Latest posts

Back