$25.00 Husky 44 limber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
[video=youtube;94CzMB_hbGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CzMB_hbGo[/video]

Got this saw off e-bay a few months ago and with a little work and some parts I got her going.Made this vid today of it cutting through a 13" hard red oak round.I think it will make a good limber.Does anyone think it's cutting OK for a 44cc saw?

Looks like its throwing some good chips, hard to hear for the tune. I like old huskys! So keep her and cut with her!

Looks fine to me, my 242xp likes a sharp chain and not being leaned on to hard. I try to stay to 10" or less, over that it's time for the 262.

[video=youtube;94CzMB_hbGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CzMB_hbGo[/video]

Got this saw off e-bay a few months ago and with a little work and some parts I got her going.Made this vid today of it cutting through a 13" hard red oak round.I think it will make a good limber.Does anyone think it's cutting OK for a 44cc saw?
I had a 44 Husky. Cut an incredible amount of wood with it both here and in Ohio. One of my all time favorites. Lost it in a divorce. Still miss it. Sounds fine!!!

I just love this saw,I sold my brother my ported NE346 and got 4 of these.The one in the vid I put a new ring in it,new seals,decarboned the cylinder and piston,rebuilt the recoil,all new gaskets,put on all new AV buffers,opened up the muffler,rebuilt the carb and took alittle metal off the sides of the exhaust and intake ports.I got maybe 2 tanks on it now.I like the speed and grunt in it now for limbing and at 10.5lbs with a 13" B/C it's at least 1 1/2 pounds lighter than my old 346.I also have a nice 026 that needs a piston(it was free and straight gassed) on the bench.I would like to see a vid of an MS260 3.2 hp going through the same size wood.

Last edited:
I have my late Dad's 44 practica. Nice small saw. Yours sounds fine to me. I opened the muffler gills just a bit more and it still runs great. One new spark plug is all she has ever asked for.

Back