25" on the MS360

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 7-pin on my ported 70cc Saws, so I doubt a 60cc will pull an 8-pin very well with a 25” bar.

I run 7-pin on my ported 70cc Saws, so I doubt a 60cc will pull an 8-pin very well with a 25” bar.

I was joking about the 8 pin. My 360 had an 8 pin on it and bogged at times, so I got a 7 pin for it. I was just joking with Harley.

Not Harvey and I have never run a 360 but have several years of 25" bar use on a 036Pro; the 360's immediate predecessor. Despite the grief you are probably going to get if this thread follows the usual course, you can get by fine on east coast hardwoods with a 25" on your 7 pin 360 though I would not recommend falling trees of that size with it. That said, your saw will do better with a 20" or less. Whether or not you will will depend upon how close your arms are to the ground and the type of cutting you do with it.

Good buy BTW.

Ron

Not Harvey and I have never run a 360 but have several years of 25" bar use on a 036Pro; the 360's immediate predecessor. Despite the grief you are probably going to get if this thread follows the usual course, you can get by fine on east coast hardwoods with a 25" on your 7 pin 360 though I would not recommend falling trees of that size with it. That said, your saw will do better with a 20" or less. Whether or not you will will depend upon how close your arms are to the ground and the type of cutting you do with it.

Good buy BTW.

Ron

It needed a new bar, the one on it was a little warped. I was going to get a new 20" for it, but ran across that 25 first. I'd probably trade it if someone had the same chain and a 20" ES light.

Good buy BTW.

Ron
I think a 24/25” is fine on a 60cc, but the 8-pin rim not so much... burying a 25” bar in hard wood might not work that great either, but it will get the job done eventually.

I think a 24/25” is fine on a 60cc, but the 8-pin rim not so much... burying a 25” bar in hard wood might not work that great either, but it will get the job done eventually.

I removed the 8 pin because it bogged the saw too much with the 20". No way I'd try it now. This is a temporary home for the bar. When I get my 461, this bar is going to it.

I ran an 036 with a 25 in 30+ inch oak. It handled it just fine. Not fast by any means but there should be a 7910 on my door step sometime this week so the 60cc can go back to a 20 full time.
Done that many times. These saws don’t get the credit they deserve IMHO. A sharp chain is the key though as they won’t wear through a log like a bigger saw will. Ron

Whoever sold that lost his shirt. The last bar I had to ship was about $40 just in the shipping!

I bought a 24" locally (or 25" whatever Stihl wants to call it 84 drivers is 24" in my book), bar and chain, for $80 and I thought that was a smoking deal.

The 036/260/361/362s I have do ok with a 24" bar, though can surely tell the difference between them and the 460s I also use.

Let us know what clutch drum you use, it'll need to be large spline & not the stock Stihl 'micro' one.
Unless I bore out a big one, turn down a small one.
Freeze the small one in liquid nitrogen and slide it into the big one.
And tig it in a couple of spots.

Just sayin........

Wish I could just change clutch drums

Whoever sold that lost his shirt. The last bar I had to ship was about $40 just in the shipping!

Cost $12 to ship according to the shipping label. It only had to go from Indiana to Virginia.

I'm selling him 5 parts saws for $25 each to get them out of my way. So it's a trade off. It's a 023,028WB,ms250, 44 Rancher and Mac 3516 before anyone asks lol

Back