$2500 090!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller should have imported it with a full wrap handle, would be worth at least $500 more :hmm3grin2orange: .

People are crazy - you know the person bidding on that won't even use it, just sit it on the shelf and dust it. $2500 will buy a decent used car, or a lot of other things.

Throwing money like that at something brings me no joy.

For me the fun is in the hunt and the tale of the good score you have to tell the whole time you own it.

You can buy meat at the supermarket and pay a high price, but its much more fun to stalk it and bring it home with a .50c cartridge.

.50 cartridge

By the time I add up the 4x4, rifles, pistols, reloading supplies, the price of the cartridge goes up considerably. Just as the cost of firewood increases with each saw I purchase.

Although the 60" bar looks cool, how many applications are there where one would one need such a big ol' bar? Seems like overkill to me. Maybe my area lacks multiple 5' dia. trees.....Maybe I should stick with cutting wood for my owb....Pretty cool though...

A NIB 090? I don't think that price is too far out of line. Heck, if I was looking for an 090 and wanted a new one to actually use, I'd feel OK paying that amount.

I don't think $2500.00 will get it. IIRC the last nib 090 on ebay went for more than that.

Ed

Although the 60" bar looks cool, how many applications are there where one would one need such a big ol' bar? Seems like overkill to me. Maybe my area lacks multiple 5' dia. trees.....Maybe I should stick with cutting wood for my owb....Pretty cool though...

We still have a few places where this might be used

Wow, that thing is only 80 miles from my house! Auction bookmarked.

[QUOTE

People are crazy - you know the person bidding on that won't even use it, just sit it on the shelf and dust it.[/QUOTE]

Steve here... If the guy uses the saw it's worth $1500... or less... The 60" saw bar is obsolete and probably worth $300 to $400 plus. I sold a new 090av a few years back too,($1650) but no box or 60" bar...That's huge to a collector
Steve

Their are a lot of rich people out their (not me) to some of
them $2500 is like $25 to me. I just don't think their is many
rich people that are saw crazy. But this person may be one
of them or..................................

For that kind of money you could import one from Brazil. or better yet fly down there and bring one back in your luggage.

And stay in Rio for Carnival!

Wasn't there recently an AS guy from Finland that got one out of Germany about 450 Euros?

We still have a few places where this might be used

WOW!!! Impressive pics. I figured us Americans just about cut down all the big trees already. My local saw shop owner told me a story about a logger friend of his who went to Russia a few years ago. He said during the train trip he remembered riding though forsests with trees, like in your pictures, for a couple of days. A huge virgin forest hundreds of miles long. I would love to see that.

Good idea. Have we ever figured out if there would be any problems related to buying something like that and having it shipped, apart from costs and customs fees?

A NIB 090? I don't think that price is too far out of line. Heck, if I was looking for an 090 and wanted a new one to actually use, I'd feel OK paying that amount.

I agree. I think it will eventually bring $3000 - $3500. It's only money. One can always make more money. You have to find something like this before you can buy it.

Back