260 pro repair.. please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I asked about the Stihl engine check is that if they actually did it, part of the check includes the pressure/vac test. If he is going to pay the $38.50, he should get that info, as well as having identified the point leakage if there was any. If they did NOT do the check, he should not be charged the $38.50.

I'll still offer the $38.50 for the saw if O.P. decides to just replace.

It us possible that it was straight gassed, but there could be many other causes of piston scoring. Most shops are very quick to blame straight gas, when in reality it is often not the cause. Also, there is no economically feasible way to determine if fuel is mixed properly. It can be sent to a laboratory, but at what cost? If they are saying there is no evidence of oil in the fuel, ask then how they determined that? I specifically asked about this last month at VA Beach.

Box it up and send it to one of the builders here! For the price your dealer wants, you could have 30-40% more power and a much better saw!!! Really, just do it!
Sorry I don't really know who you mean... Is there a list of established builders who do this?

Randy Evans - aka MasterMind. Look on the forum for posts by him - his contact information is in his signature.

Waylan

Latest posts

Back