262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks of it "The plateau" is getting rocked with a squal line right now.

I slept thru it......

What are you expecting after ring breaking?

That small amount off the squish band made a huge difference, huh?

It will end up about 215. I use a little oil to help seal, and get a better idea of final compression.

Randy,

3 more questions.

Did you advance the ignition timing, if so, how much?

Are you base gasket delete with 040 from the SB and only 026 from the base!

What did final squish come out at?

No ignition advance. I will test that next though. If it doesn't make much difference I'll leave it stock.

Yes, .040 from the squish, no base gasket, and .026 from the base.

great thread looking forward to the tricks that they like.

What tricks? I'm done with em.

oh just remember some tips you had for building 346's I thought that's what you were referring to. great thread randy thank you for sharing. I wonder how close these saws would be in cut time. they should all be identical right?

oh just remember some tips you had for building 346's I thought that's what you were referring to. great thread randy thank you for sharing. I wonder how close these saws would be in cut time. they should all be identical right?
You can do 20 saws the same time the same numbers and always have one just a little bit better than the rest. That's my experience anyways. You can also have a lame duck too. Just the human element at work.

I know your porting is fairly consistent and I am sure the variations happen. I would have guessed the carbs made the difference.

Back