262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually takes quite a bit of time to do what I do in the dental office... my diamonds are small ... and my drill is not super powerful enough to go through aluminum quickly ... so it probably took me 45 minutes just to do this. I have no clue how to measure for fingers or bridges... but thanks for the vote of confidence. if I was doing this more often and had less to lose I think I'd venture out a bit ... saws have become way too time consuming for me, so I'm trying to finish up a couple projects and sell them on, then I can organize the rest of my crap ... I have all the saws i need at this point... so now its just about recouping some of my investment

Love this thread. What a good read. Maybe I should consider building one out of all the parts I have. Have a nice KS jug too boot.

254xp comes first though :)

I find it interesting that a 254 gets overlooked as a ripper. A few friends of mine have Em and they scream stock. As far as I can tell the crank, top end, and top cover are different. But mostly the same chassis as a 262 and they share alot of the same parts. Love to see a comparison of the two.

Are there different carb grommets for the different carbs that came on 262's? After my rebuild on my newly aquired 262 I couldn't find the grommet. I found one on my bench and it kind of fit. I cut a few sections off it so it would fit in the case. Last week I ordered a new one and when it came it was the same as the one I chopped!
5c32ad3a168fa48a8f82237c28663cb2.jpg
cfafecccba6d5486a126e5c9c1c8006f.jpg
f3b0143c7718ed1c3eec935e0f4088ef.jpg

There at least a couple of varieties of this part. I've seen the black rubbery ones that the gas tends to eat up, and ones that are designed for the current EPA'ed Walbro HDA-144A on the 261. I have had to modify the ones designed for the 144a carb to be used on a HDA-120 but otherwise I believe they all fit. Were you ordering the 501862401 part?

There at least a couple of varieties of this part. I've seen the black rubbery ones that the gas tends to eat up, and ones that are designed for the current EPA'ed Walbro HDA-144A on the 261. I have had to modify the ones designed for the 144a carb to be used on a HDA-120 but otherwise I believe they all fit. Were you ordering the 501862401 part?
Yep thats the part number that was listed on the order. I have the HDA 120 carb and the idle screw has a large head and the grommet has a small hole and the recessed area just didnt match up!

Love this thread. What a good read. Maybe I should consider building one out of all the parts I have. Have a nice KS jug too boot.

254xp comes first though :)

I find it interesting that a 254 gets overlooked as a ripper. A few friends of mine have Em and they scream stock. As far as I can tell the crank, top end, and top cover are different. But mostly the same chassis as a 262 and they share alot of the same parts. Love to see a comparison of the two.
Good saw! I should have kept this one.

I cut mine off. Its under the cover. I've had multiple folks look at the saw and no one has pointed out I cut the stud off.

Back