262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I've checked the timing numbers. Stock Mahle jug, with a base gasket.

EX: 103.5
TR: 116
IN: 69

That means we have only 12.5 degrees of blowdown. Cool huh? :)

Case compression angle is 47 degrees.

No wonder these saws are factory hotrods.

Can you explain a Lil deeper for me I am a newb

I'll try Chris.

Remember, this are just my thoughts.....

In a two stroke engine the transfers are everything. The air/fuel mix has to get around the piston from the crankcase to get into the combustion chamber.

This saw has a very short intake duration, and a high transfer opening point. The intake being short is what allows the transfers to open as soon as they do.

People think about blowdown far too much IMHO. The transfers opening is what pushes the remains of the exhaust out........as long as the pressure is not greater than the transfer flow. If the intake is too low, then there isn't as great of a pressure when then transfers open, and the exhaust can travel down the transfer ports......

There's a hell of a lot more at play here, but that's the quick and dirty version....

How much did you take out of the squish band?

How do you "take the transfers to 118" if they're at 116? I'm assuming that they come out lower after the machine work.

Do you feel that your theory of lowering exhaust helps the exhaust pressure to be lower and thus helps the difference in transfer pressure differential?

Can you post the numbers, after the squish and base cut, before you monkey with them?

BTW, you look more like Ergo.

So the way I read it, you're adding 2.5* to all with your cut. So you're exhaust will be at 106.5 and the tranny's at 118.5?

So you'll have to raise the exhaust.

Am I reading you correctly here?

This thread is awesome Randy. Thanks again. I'm about to do a 262 up.

I'd love some pics of the jugs and the fingers. Bridges too?

The single ring with the centered groove is nice in these saws.

Latest posts

Back