• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 262XP k&s HDA87

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the "offers" because this is my first sale (on this sight). Plus I didn't want to ask too much and not get any action on it. I'm really not looking to make a million dollars, really just trying to recoup what I invested into it. I think someone else would enjoy this saw more then me anyhow. Question: When receiving money on the paypal friends and family thing, is there a way a person can retract the money after it goes in? Don't want to ship a saw and see the money go out also.lol
So looking at past sales of these without the k&S/87 and taking into account it's the holidays. Would $500 shipped to lower 48 be out of line??
To put this is perspective, I sold an absolutely minty low hour 262, with a KS/HDA-87 for $500 shipped. IMO, what you have here is a $400 saw... if you got more than that, good for you. Honestly, as long as both the buyer and seller are happy, that's all that matters. Here's the one I sold...

IMG_0283.JPG
In the states to the purists, the PNW includes Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. In my book, it includes west Montana and northwest Wyoming, extreme Northern California, as well as the southern half of BC (British Colombia). I would even add the Jefferson Counties in northern California. Basically what was the Oregon Territory at one time or other, and the State of Jefferson.

View attachment 544047
Being from Trinity County, I've always considered myself part of the PNW...
Sorry for going off topic, but it does bump your saw ad.

Here is the great State of Jefferson (counties in Oregon and California that wanted to create a new state before WWII):

View attachment 544049
I know a lot of people who are still trying to push the SoJ thing, but unfortunately the liberals in Southern California who are stealing all our water will never let it happen. In recent years, California has become a ****** place to live.

I know a lot of people who are still trying to push the SoJ thing, but unfortunately the liberals in Southern California who are stealing all our water will never let it happen. In recent years, California has become a ****** place to live.

Yah, I lived in Southern Oregon in Douglas Co, and I lived briefly in Mendocino Co. Both ends of the state of Jefferson. In my opinion, the PNW starts in Willits. They were talking about splitting CA in two when we moved there in the 1960s. It is really two states: NorCal and SoCal. But as you say, SoCal has the population, and they will never let the resources of NorCal go to either the State of Alta California or the State of Jefferson.

As for California, I left there 12 years ago. SoCal was once a nice place, but became way overcrowded. So I moved to NorCal i the early 90s when it was still a nice place, but it also became way too overcrowded (and SoCal insanely overcrowded). The Portland area was a nice place up until about 2 years ago, but it too is becoming hopelessly overcrowded. The freeways are like LA here now. Jammed. Also all the liberals moving here have made it politically way left of center. It is an LGBTQ and illegal alien haven. The city that is. The rest of this state, except Eugene is all conservative. It is similar in California, outside of SF and LA areas.

To put this is perspective, I sold an absolutely minty low hour 262, with a KS/HDA-87 for $500 shipped. IMO, what you have here is a $400 saw... if you got more than that, good for you. Honestly, as long as both the buyer and seller are happy, that's all that matters. Here's the one I sold...

View attachment 544367

What year is that saw? The tank doesn't have the opening for the tools or heater module or what ever that is for.

Yah, I lived in Southern Oregon in Douglas Co, and I lived briefly in Mendocino Co. Both ends of the state of Jefferson. In my opinion, the PNW starts in Willits. They were talking about splitting CA in two when we moved there in the 1960s. It is really two states: NorCal and SoCal. But as you say, SoCal has the population, and they will never let the resources of NorCal go to either the State of Alta California or the State of Jefferson.

As for California, I left there 12 years ago. SoCal was once a nice place, but became way overcrowded. So I moved to NorCal i the early 90s when it was still a nice place, but it also became way too overcrowded (and SoCal insanely overcrowded). The Portland area was a nice place up until about 2 years ago, but it too is becoming hopelessly overcrowded. The freeways are like LA here now. Jammed. Also all the liberals moving here have made it politically way left of center. It is an LGBTQ and illegal alien haven. The city that is. The rest of this state, except Eugene is all conservative. It is similar in California, outside of SF and LA areas.
Now we are being overrun by marijuana growers.

Now we are being overrun by marijuana growers.

In the Emerald Triangle? This is something new? :rolleyes: Or are they stampeding into that area at an even greater pace now that it is legal? I would think that the Central Valley would be a better place to grow it. Or SoCal. Lots of heat and dry weather there.

We are in the throws of that here as well, at least in the western part of Oregon. Marijuana stores are opening all over here now. I can smell the grows in the summer. No real difference than before it was legal here though. Weed was pretty available and common in these parts. Big companies are already moving in on Oregon and buying up the larger grow operations and stores. In California the MJ laws are set up for huge growers to move in after 5 years. It was better in OR and CA under the medical laws, IMO. Less insane anyway. More tax revenue now, but they will just waste the money.

California is turning into a real mess huh?

Been that way for a long time now. CA is hopelessly overcrowded, most areas in CA have little or no water on top of the huge SW (Colorado River) drought, it has spent itself into massive debt, the cost of living there is really high, education there is in the tank, and well, its a mess, yes. Oregon is not far behind, except we have water here.

It's not that simple.
In the Emerald Triangle? This is something new? :rolleyes: Or are they stampeding into that area at an even greater pace now that it is legal?.
That, and a lack of adequate law enforcement, coupled with the vast remoteness of this part of the state. It's basically the Wild West.

Yah, southern Oregon is the same. I have been all over Trinity Co, the all over that you can get to on and off road anyway. Lots of wilderness there. The trinity Alps, and Trinity Lake, Mad River, Highways 3, 36, and 299. Lots of steep and lots of remote places. You can warp brake rotors there pretty fast, like where I live here in the Cascades.

I grew up in Big Bar and later moved to Weaverville. My grandpa was a logger and my dad worked in lumber mills most of his life. Environmental groups have pretty well put the timber industry out of business, but don't seem to mind all the destruction and pollution from the growers. It's just a ****ed up situation.

Yah, in Douglas Co., where in lived in So. Oregon, my ex's ranch is surrounded by old growth timber that is still being held up in court. That area was ground zero for the Spotted Owl crap. I have cruised a lot of it, and most of it is covered with dead snags, rotten core old growth DF and hemlock, blackberry/scotch broom and not much else. Most of it is void of much wildlife or birds, and there is little new carbon being sequestered by new growth in those areas. And the Spotted Owl is being displaced 'naturally' by the Barred Owl, by competition and in-breeding with it. Also Spotted Owls eat lots of song birds and pigmey owls. But no... must save the spotted owls and leave vast tracts of bad old growth stands to rot. I have pointed out many times that it is far better to cut and remove timber, burn the slash and plant more trees than to let things rot. CO2 is better than methane in terms of global warming. But they ignore that too. Its the same here and up in WA state now as well.

IMO, once big business moves into growing weed in California it will shift to the ag areas of the Central Valley and Southern California. No one needs to grow weed in remote and extreme regions any more. Flat land will be far easier to grow on, and Cannabis loves heat and more heat. And it does not survive any frost or lots of rain. And it will be a lot cheaper to grow in Fresno than in Mad River. Time will tell. The west has been overrun... in my youth, Oregon was a Republican state. So was California at times.

Latest posts

Back