266 issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a tiny bit of smoke coming out the muffler. It wants to keep firing but can’t. I checked multiple times, The impulse is unobstructed.
Even to confirming the gaskets between carb and intake block, intake block to cylinder are in the correct orientation?

Then my guess is you have no compression if it will not run on a dribble of mix directly down the carb throat. Take the plug out- pour a teaspoon full of oil down on top of the piston, swill it around a bit and then try the shot of fuel down the carb throat and see if it fires.

There’s a tiny bit of smoke coming out the muffler. It wants to keep firing but can’t. I checked multiple times, The impulse is unobstructed.
A tiny bit of smoke? Thats just raw fuel spitting out the exhaust side.....
It wants to keep firing? It has no spark. You are hearing an engine go thru its running cycle, without fuel exploding....does any other member have an ignition coil??

They have a variety of pistons, did you use the exact same piston when you put it back together- had that problem with a 61 once, changed pistons and it ran like a champ
Same piston. Got the saw to start and run for a minute or so until it flooded itself. Getting there.

So all the drama was for a flooding saw?
This saw floods so bad. Checked the needle and levering arm and both are good. Is it possible to have too much fuel pressure it pushes past the needle? When I disconnect the fuel line from the carb it’s a geyser of fuel. Usually I would get a steady dribble of fuel.

This saw floods so bad. Checked the needle and levering arm and both are good. Is it possible to have too much fuel pressure it pushes past the needle? When I disconnect the fuel line from the carb it’s a geyser of fuel. Usually I would get a steady dribble of fuel.

If you have repeatedly pulled the starter rope like a 13 year old schoolboy, then yanked off the fuel line, then yet it will geyser fuel out the fuel line.
If the cylinder and piston ring was very near its limits clearance wise before your " upgrade" then yes, honing could take it over the threshold.

All you need are correct air/fuel mix entering the combustion area, compression, spark and timing of that spark in relationship to the other three on the list and it will run.
Every reply I have added here is to do with the fact the saw ran before you did your "performance upgrades" and now it does not- so something was done incorrectly between running and not running.
If the saw is flooding so terribly- the plug will be soaking wet, eventually raw fuel will dribble from the muffler and if the saw is inverted with the plug out- pour/dribble out the plug hole.
If that is not happening fuel is never making it to the combustion chamber and flooding it.
Can you confirm you still have an intact flywheel key and therefore correct timing?

Latest posts

Back