268 Husky help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBrew

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
G'Day I have a 268 And was told it needed a new piston which i don't mind buying as I have had the saw for 19 years this year anyway I want to know

provided barrels ok is aftermarket acceptable or should I get OEM? (would like to get another 19 years if possible)

If aftermarket is ok are the ones on chainsawr.com ok? (they have reasonable freight charges to AU)

Now I would like to get the 52mm piston and cylinder but Will they fit my model? (purchased in 95)

I have heard the 52mm is slightly taller than the 50 mm and you have to make a hole in the top cover for the plug lead if this is the case I wont buy the 52mm piston but if not I will

thanks in advance

Good on'ya mate! You'll get more responses if you repost this in the chainsaw forum.
1) most (myself included) feel meteor brand pistons are basicLly as good as OEM, and much better than some other aftermarket pistons.
2) I generally discourage replacing a good OEM cylinder with a larger aftermarket unit. Typically the compression is so much lower with aftermarket that you lose rather than gain.
3) I do not know the answer to u'r fitment question.

I agree with HuskStihl on all points. Salvage the oem cylinder, install a meteor piston, and run it for 19 more years.

Okay where can I find this meteor brand? and Bailys is out of the question as they wont use the cheaper postal service(both previous quotes for shipping have been around the $300 mark for different items)

Latest posts

Back