272xp not getting fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Bondeson

chainsaw guru
Reaction score
i have a 272xp that wont get fuel, i went through cleaned the carb put in a AM carb kit it has a good fuel line and filter i've tried everything i cant get fuel to the intake port it goes into the carb but not back out. I'M JUST F**KING IRRITATED WITH THIS WHOLE PROJECT!! any ideas? is it possible that i got a faulty carb kit?

Bend the lever end (opposite side of needle forks) up a tiny bit. Lever will travel more - lifting needle higher = more fuel. Or get a new AM carb on ebay for $8-$10. I just bought one from DD.

Bend the lever end (opposite side of needle forks) up a tiny bit. Lever will travel more - lifting needle higher = more fuel. Or get a new AM carb on ebay for $8-$10. I just bought one from DD.
ok thanks i'll try bending the lever tonight, a new carb would nice but a am very picky about certain parts something like that i'll only use OEM

ok thanks i'll try bending the lever tonight, a new carb would nice but a am very picky about certain parts something like that i'll only use OEM
I'm running an aftermarket carb from Definate Dave on one of my 272's. I've only run 5 or so tanks through the saw but have had zero isssue with the carb. I believe it cost me a whole $11 shipped through his eBay store.

I'm running an aftermarket carb from Definate Dave on one of my 272's. I've only run 5 or so tanks through the saw but have had zero isssue with the carb. I believe it cost me a whole $11 shipped through his eBay store.
maybe i'll try one but for now i'm going to try bending the lever

I have also seen the intake manifolds crack on these saws. If you have a crack in the impulse passage it won't pull fuel.

Nahhh, by eye is close enough. They do make the funny little metering lever tools for this job, and some carbs call for slightly different settings but flush with the top is a pretty good rule of thumb, i think theres a little margin for error.

Thanks cus_deluxe the lever was exactly the problem! It was about 1/8 to 3/16 inch below flush bent that sucker up and boom fuel in the cylinder thanks i never ever knew you could mess with those

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back