• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 28" Stihl ES 3/8 .050 bar + 33RS chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've upgraded my 28" milling setup to a lightweight bar in .063 gauge, and I'd like to sell the old setup.

The bar is missing some paint from where I've mounted the mill and the sharpener, but it still looks decent. The sprocket is still in good shape and spins easily. The rails have just been dressed with the pferd tool. 3003 mount.
$60+

The chain is like new - IIRC, it's only been hand sharpened one time. I mostly used this bar for milling, so I only used this chain a handful of times. I could convert this to a milling chain if the buyer so chooses.
$20+

Prices are in USD and do not include shipping. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
I thought about the times I've used this chain, and I remembered that actually I did hit some metal with it. I inspected the cutters tonight, and it was only the right hand ones that were damaged - only the left hand cutters are 'like new'.

So I've revised the title, and my chain life estimate to about 60%. I will re-grind this chain to buyers specification prior to shipping. New price
$15+

Also, ill cover shipping if they're both going to the same place in the lower 48.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back