288 Redemption!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed you asked what year your 281 was built. I have SN- 7050371. I was told by Husky that it was built in 1991.

Good luck on your re-build.

It has a black tag. I'm only going by what one of the girls said that checked for me when I called the Husqvarna support line. I asked her to date the SN for me and she said 1991. But of course that's the same one that sent me the parts breakdown that was missing the chain brake page which is what my call was initially about to them.

Thanks

Okay, I need help finding a NICE tank and recoil for this. That's what I'm lacking as of now:) When I get this thing finished up it's headed Randys way to get molested :rock: Comm'om guys I know ya'll want to see that!:msp_w00t:

Okay all parts should be in this week! I am about to order a bar for this beast, I am thinking a 28" Techlite with a full comp chain. What says you all?:hmm3grin2orange:

I run a 28" on my Husky 385XP and she pulls it great.
Not sure how the 288XP compares though.

I am still in progress on my build.

Okay all parts should be in this week! I am about to order a bar for this beast, I am thinking a 28" Techlite with a full comp chain. What says you all?:hmm3grin2orange:

288 shouldn't have any problems with a 28" full comp or semi skip.

The 385 XP that Terry Landrum did that I now have runs a 32 full comp. And even runs better after sharpening after running it through some Alabama clay. Awesome saw.

The 385 XP that Terry Landrum did that I now have runs a 32 full comp. And even runs better after sharpening after running it through some Alabama clay. Awesome saw.

hmmm.
I guess I will have to get some alabama clay.

Is it special order?
is it expensive?

D

I run a 32" full comp on my ported 288. It pulls it fine but sharpening the chain sucks!

I run a 32" full comp on my ported 288. It pulls it fine but sharpening the chain sucks!

I decided to go ahead and get the 28" techlite with a full comp lgx chain... I dread sharpening it! I figure it'll pull it... And I know it will after mastermind gets ahold of it!

It's only 7 more cutters than a 24" full comp or something like that. Not much difference at all.

Not trying to Hi-Jack your thread... but I have a question..

How does the 288XP compare to a 272XP?
Stock.
No mods, not even a MM

Back