• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 288 XP #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aswan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is the second 288 XP I have for sale. Started life as a 281. Very nice set of cases that I had powder coated. Installed OEM bearings and seals. Has a new OEM fuel tank, wrap handle, muffler and clutch cover. Put a very nice used Mahle 54 mm p&c on it with a new caber ring. New fuel line, fuel filter, air filter and NGK plug. Deleted the base gasket and it made 150 psi on my compression gauge. Has a mint low top cover that I had in my parts stash. Has about 5 minutes of run time on it, I will try to get out and cut with it this week. Extremely clean, minty saw. $625 shipped to the CONUS

IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1838.JPG IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1840.JPG

It has no break in time. I'm sure it will go up after a few tanks, every saw I have put a ring in gains compression once broken in.

I guess. I built it off a set of 281 cases, so the tag does say 281. I have a bracket and spring for the front of the saw if someone wanted it set up that way.

I guess. I built it off a set of 281 cases, so the tag does say 281. I have a bracket and spring for the front of the saw if someone wanted it set up that way.
Nice, I was just playing anyway.
You put it out there right away that it was built with 281 cases, so I'm good with it, not like that helps much.
This 288 approved by chipper1

Back