288xp help please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmando

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 288xp is leaking fuel when I turn it 90 deg. clockwise. I am attaching a picture that shows a hole in the tank. What is supposed to plug that? Any help would be apprecitated. I am wanting to use it on a Alaskan Saw Mill. It is the hole right after the throttle handle.288xp gas leak.jpg

Tank vent, use a drywall screw to pull it out. I like to put a small dab of Moto seal around it before installing a new one. There is a small filter plug that will be installed over that to keep derby out.

Thank you so much. Will I need to remove the handle or could this fix be done in place?

Perfect. Last question. Does anyone know where to order this part. My local Husqvarna dealer does not have one and they don't know the part number or anything.

I dont order stuff from parts tree unless i have a bunch of stuff, shipping can be brutal. Its the best source of ipl's that i have found i use it all the time. I have a couple crappy local dealers too. Its way easier for me to give them the part #, than try to tell them what i need

Latest posts

Back