290 question

• Thread starter Deleted member 116684
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 116684

Hey y'all. I want to sell my 290 farmboss and dont know how much to sell it for. It has a muffler mod and comes with a 16 and 20 inch bar and a few chains. What should I ask for it?

Hey y'all. I want to sell my 290 farmboss and dont know how much to sell it for. It has a muffler mod and comes with a 16 and 20 inch bar and a few chains. What should I ask for it?

I just bought a real nice ms290 low hours and plastic has good color, stickers still on the saw few days ago for $175.
Bar shows minimal use and chain almost new.

When I hear about mods to a Stihl saw, that don't impress me, because I just use my saws for every day wood cutting, not in any contests, Olympics for wood cutting medals, etc.

It's all about condition and presentation. If you want top dollar, clean the saw up...good. Take good pictures of it from every side, and show a video of it running, preferably cutting wood.
yeah I'm gonna clean it up real good this weekend and get it posted on CL. IT should sell pretty quick in my area. I check the listings all the time and stuff goes fast.

For some reason 290s bring stupid good money, especially this time of year. Personally I wouldn't give $100 for one of those boat anchors but from what I have seen $275-300 sounds about right for one in above average to "like new/lightly used" condition.

350 in my area all day every day. I have one fair plastics well used bar and 350 is what it is going for. I will remove the modified muffler and bring it back to stock.. the bloke that wants it will use it for firewood duty. it is also timing i find that can shoot up prices. I have some throwaway poulans that I keep as loaners but each time there is a wind or ice storm they get sold off for many times what they are worth. I am asked do you have a saw I can buy then they offer stupid money .

I sold my MS290 for $275.00 last spring, I listed it on craigslist and had all kind of hits on it. I had a almost new Jonserd 2255 and could hardly give it away, I did finally get my price for it.

I wouldn't give $100.00 for those Husky boat anchors per Full Chisel. (just a little dig back at ya)

I sold my MS290 for $275.00 last spring, I listed it on craigslist and had all kind of hits on it. I had a almost new Jonserd 2255 and could hardly give it away, I did finally get my price for it.

I wouldn't give $100.00 for those Husky boat anchors per Full Chisel. (just a little dig back at ya)

I normally don't worry about a few tenths either way but those old 290s are just absurdly heavy for what they are. Not to mention that they vibrate pretty badly. I'll stick to my nimble, fast and silky smooth huskies, thanks! :yes:

Back