2Duct Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Doug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My house is small around 27 x32 with a half basement were my wood stove furnace is. The last stove i sat it beside were the gas furnace was before i removed it so i ran it into the duct work for the gas furnace. I now have a diffrent stove so i need to hook it into the duct work but it is totaly diffrent so i will need to build some new duct work. I removed every thing were the gas stove hooked up because my thoughts of haveing a gas stove are no more. In the center of the house in the floor is a great that is the cold air return then every room has a hot air duct or 2. My stove has 2 round 8 inch holes will it work very good to run to 8" pipes back into the duct work or will it work alot better by buliding a box on top of the stove and running it into the duct work? Or would it be very good to do away with every thing and pipe the heat up through the great that is in the center of the house?

It would be best to tie the supply into ur duct work and the return into the central return. I put a box or plenum on top of my wood furnace and piped it into my duct work with 4 8 inch and 2 6 inch pipes spread out through out the duct work and tied the return side into my return duct work but I still have a gas furnace in place. It all works good my wood furnace is on one end of my house if it were in the center I wouldn't have to spread the runs out. I also have 2 blowers in my furnace to get the air moving better but again that all depends of the placement of the furnace

Latest posts

Back